Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Dating coach - need a masters?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 5:53 am
Does one need a masters degree to become a dating coach? I have always been "that friend" that everyone turns to for advice and have been told at many points throughout my life and by people of different ages and stages that I am very good with people and really know how to help people, be a good listening ear, mentor, etc.

I completely understand that that alone is NOT enough to be considered qualified to help people on a professional level, but I'm wondering how much is needed to become a coach? I know that there are many life coaches out there who do not have degrees...does this fall under the same category?

Thanks!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 6:01 am
amother OP wrote:
Does one need a masters degree to become a dating coach? I have always been "that friend" that everyone turns to for advice and have been told at many points throughout my life and by people of different ages and stages that I am very good with people and really know how to help people, be a good listening ear, mentor, etc.

I completely understand that that alone is NOT enough to be considered qualified to help people on a professional level, but I'm wondering how much is needed to become a coach? I know that there are many life coaches out there who do not have degrees...does this fall under the same category?

Thanks!

"Coaches" might not have any degrees at all. It's just a term for someone who is good at advising and encouraging.

Like "space planners" often have no education. They are self taught, but the good ones are very good at what they do and might have better ideas for a frum house than an architect.

It's on the coach yo have a moral compass that they dont advise on things they don't know about.

It's on the client to figure out if you're qualified.

DrMom

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 6:03 am
I can't imagine anybody would need a master's degree to help somebody date.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 6:21 am
There are coaching certifications but the entire field is unregulated. Definitely don't need a masters. You don't need a degree either. Start informally and let results speak for themselves
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics