Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
PSA - USPS Change of Address Issue

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 5:56 am
Just a PSA that the USPS change of address online method doesn't always work. I paid the fee and they charged my credit card, but then claimed they couldn't verify me unless I went in person and put my change of address request on hold. So it was a complete waste of time and money, and I haven't gotten my mail.

So go to the post office in person, don't waste your time and energy with the online request (it's super spammy anyway).

And hatzlacha if you are moving!

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:18 am
Worked for me. It's worth a try to avoid the trip to the PO and then if it gets rejected like yours that's when you go in. Why not try? Do it ahead of time so don't miss mail if you need to follow up in person.

amother
Ballota

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:42 am
Mine worked. It works for most.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:51 am
seeker wrote:
Worked for me. It's worth a try to avoid the trip to the PO and then if it gets rejected like yours that's when you go in. Why not try? Do it ahead of time so don't miss mail if you need to follow up in person.

OP was saying not to bother trying, because she was charged a fee, with no results.
I guess whether or not to risk that would depend on how much the fee is. What is the charge?

When I checked quickly, it looks like the fee is $1.10?? If that’s the full fee (don’t know if it is), then yes, it’s worth trying online first.

amother
Ballota

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:53 am
Also dispute the charge for charging and not rendering the service.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 2:41 pm
We had a problem too but it was because our house was new construction on a lot that never had a house previously.

synthy

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 3:58 pm
Worked for me for letters etc. but I had issues with packages. If the address is forwarded it’s no longer tracked, and there’s nothing you can do if it doesn’t get delivered.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating