Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where do you lay flat all your clothes

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:32 pm
Kids came back from camp. Especially girls teen clothes a lot say lay flat. Where do I lay flat all of them?

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
Kids came back from camp. Especially girls teen clothes a lot say lay flat. Where do I lay flat all of them?

I never do. I hang on rods to dry.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:40 pm
I lay them flat over the back of a chair. The point of laying flat is that some fabrics will stretch when they are wet, especially if on a hanger with all the weight depending on the shoulders. Laying them over a chair isn't exactly flat, but but it spreads out the weight, while they are air drying.

Alternatively you can put down an old towel in a corner and lay them on that, or you can buy mesh things to support them. Something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/STORAGE.....psc=1

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:41 pm
I hang it all on a drying rack never had an issue with it losing shape or stretching

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:49 pm
Drying rack. Lay flat just means don't put on hanger. That can stretch it out.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 2:27 pm
Is this storage or drying?

They make multilevel foldable mesh drying racks that work very well.

For storage, it means that you shouldn't hang because it will stretch and lose shape. Best way to store in drawers is the Marie Kondo method because the items are stored in a smaller amount of space AND you can see everything and take out one versus stuff that is stacked.

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 4:18 pm
I only actually lay flat for delicate knits. Everything else looks to me like it'll be fine, the point is not to fry it in the dryer or put it on a hanger that will poke out the shoulders.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics