Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
The Retrievals Podcast

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 1:25 pm
So I just finished listening to the five part podcast series “The Retrievals” (the final episode came out today).

It was a really interesting and powerful look at the Yale Fertility Clinic and issues with a nurse stealing fentanyl. It covers a lot of thought provoking topics surrounding many women’s issues.

It was eye opening and sobering. And very sad or even angering on many fronts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/0......html

ap

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 1:29 pm
When is fentanyl used?isn't it a dangerous drug?

Java

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 1:35 pm
ap wrote:
When is fentanyl used?isn't it a dangerous drug?

In this context, it's used as an anesthetic in a surgical procedure.

writinggirl

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 1:43 pm
I’m listening too!

1ofbillions

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 1:44 pm
I love listening to podcasts but am skipping this one because it sounds very disturbing and upsetting. The women went through agony and were ignored.

It is a good thing for us to be aware of as medical patients though. If the medication isn’t working, it may be because you were given a placebo so that the medical person giving it to you could take it instead.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 2:23 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
I love listening to podcasts but am skipping this one because it sounds very disturbing and upsetting. The women went through agony and were ignored.

It is a good thing for us to be aware of as medical patients though. If the medication isn’t working, it may be because you were given a placebo so that the medical person giving it to you could take it instead.

Yes, it was very disturbing on many fronts and touches on many aspects of women being ignored as part of this.

GLUE

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 3:03 pm
This is topic I would like to read about

I have a hard time listening to podcast, do you think they would put out a book in the near future?

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 3:26 pm
GLUE wrote:
This is topic I would like to read about

I have a hard time listening to podcast, do you think they would put out a book in the near future?

Maybe. Not sure. I think you can find the transcripts of the podcasts on the website though.

RedCurls

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 3:27 pm
I just came here to post about this. I had an egg retrieval years ago and I didn’t feel the pain during the procedure but afterwards I felt as if I had given birth. I was in so much pain. I know that’s a strange analogy when talking about infertility but it was secondary infertility and I had given birth. I’m not even sure how I feel listening to this podcast but it’s bringing up a lot.

essie14

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 1:57 am
I just listened to the last episode. I know so many people who went through IVF.
And just listening to pain people described and the emotional devastation Donna caused. Was a really interesting podcast.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics