Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Has anyone gone to Playa Del Carmen this summer?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 10:06 am
Wondering if anyone went to Playa Del Carmen this summer? If so would love to hear about activities you did, restaurants you went to. What you recommend or don’t recommend. Thanks!

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 7:23 pm
I went with my husband for a long weekend in June. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt (we paid using converted chase points). the hotel was beautiful and has a kosher restaurant. They even have the option of ordering food poolside which was a nice novelty. We also ate at two smokers, Platinum Kosher, Moshe Cube and a dairy place (I forgot the name, but its part of the chabad) all were good, Moshe Cube was our favorite .

When we were there, it was super hot. we had intended to do some outdoor activities but it was too hot and humid. Basically, we stayed in a really nice hotel, hung out by the pool and ate good food. So if that's what you're looking for in a vacation, then its a great option.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 7:58 pm
amother Latte wrote:
I went with my husband for a long weekend in June. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt (we paid using converted chase points). the hotel was beautiful and has a kosher restaurant. They even have the option of ordering food poolside which was a nice novelty. We also ate at two smokers, Platinum Kosher, Moshe Cube and a dairy place (I forgot the name, but its part of the chabad) all were good, Moshe Cube was our favorite .

When we were there, it was super hot. we had intended to do some outdoor activities but it was too hot and humid. Basically, we stayed in a really nice hotel, hung out by the pool and ate good food. So if that's what you're looking for in a vacation, then its a great option.

Thanks for the reply! We’re staying in the same hotel iyh. Glad to hear it was beautiful!

Was the milchig place Mas Pan or Malka?

Re the heat/humidity oh boy were definitely planning to be outside. I wonder if august is better or worst than June. We’re planning to go to Cozumel for a day. I assume you didn’t go?

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:08 pm
lol we didn't go anywhere! I would say, see how you feel when you're there. If its not too hot and humid and you feel like sightseeing then go for it. Snorkeling or something water related may be a good option if you want to be active. We were totally content to just hang out by the pool and relax.

It was mas pan. It was good.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:10 pm
amother Latte wrote:
lol we didn't go anywhere! I would say, see how you feel when you're there. If its not too hot and humid and you feel like sightseeing then go for it. Snorkeling or something water related may be a good option if you want to be active. We were totally content to just hang out by the pool and relax.

It was mas pan. It was good.

Lol I’d be fine chilling but DH wants to do stuff. I guess we’ll take it one day at a time. Thanks!

justforfun87

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:52 pm
amother Latte wrote:

Random question, how many points was your stay?

jmom18

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wondering if anyone went to Playa Del Carmen this summer? If so would love to hear about activities you did, restaurants you went to. What you recommend or don’t recommend. Thanks!

Was there this past winter. Check out Xplor Fuego. Very interesting park, zip lines, caves, underground streams, swings that land in water… Beautiful and fun place.

jmom18

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:57 pm
amother OP wrote:

Was there this past winter. Check out Xplor Fuego. Very interesting park, zip lines, caves, swings that land in water. Beautiful and fun place.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:58 pm
jmom18 wrote:
Was there this past winter. Check out Xplor Fuego. Very interesting park, zip lines, caves, underground streams, swings that land in water… Beautiful and fun place.

Looks fun but sooo expensive!!

jmom18

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:00 pm
I don’t remember exactly how much, but not that much more than large theme parks here. Most hotels and resorts have excursion desks on site. Easiest and safest is if you book there, they provide the transportation and take care of all the details.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:02 pm
jmom18 wrote:
I don’t remember exactly how much, but not that much more than large theme parks here. Most hotels and resorts have excursion desks on site. Easiest and safest is if you book there, they provide the transportation and take care of all the details.

Right we weren’t going to do any theme parks.

Thanks!

pinkflowergirl

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:19 pm
Make sure when doing water sports ( jet sky - boating- snorkeling) to keep applying sun screen,
The water reflects the sun, and without sun screen I got a massive burn.

Regarding cozumel, there is a lot of stuff to do, mainly water related,
Also kosher food as well.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 11:18 pm
pinkflowergirl wrote:
Make sure when doing water sports ( jet sky - boating- snorkeling) to keep applying sun screen,
The water reflects the sun, and without sun screen I got a massive burn.

Regarding cozumel, there is a lot of stuff to do, mainly water related,
Also kosher food as well.

Thanks! Any specific highlights? Whether activity or food?

pinkflowergirl

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 12:04 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Any specific highlights? Whether activity or food?

Platinum grill tacos 🌮
snorkeling in cozumel, it's rated as the 10 top places of the world

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 12:14 am
Platinum grill was our favorite restaurant. Israeli style. Their arayes are out of this world. Also really liked two smokers. The restaurant in the Hyatt was ok, not bad but not amazing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 12:57 am
pinkflowergirl wrote:
Platinum grill tacos 🌮
snorkeling in cozumel, it's rated as the 10 top places of the world

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 12:58 am
amother Viola wrote:
Platinum grill was our favorite restaurant. Israeli style. Their arayes are out of this world. Also really liked two smokers. The restaurant in the Hyatt was ok, not bad but not amazing.

Thanks for the info!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 11:10 am
Bumping in case anyone else wants to share.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics