Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Birthday gift ideas

csstb

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 3:37 pm
Any birthday gift ideas for a woman in her 20s who doesn't like anything typical? Not into clothes, makeup, bags, shows, tech, spas or any other typical self-care things? No Amazon giftcards and looking for something classier than cash. Budget up to $100.

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 3:53 pm
Instead of telling us what she doesn't like, how about what does she like?

So she's atypical interest but does that mean that she likes trucks and carpentry or Legos or does she want concert tickets or via she really into computers? I don't know what is she into

csstb

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 3:59 pm
I'm not totally sure. She's really bright and likes learning about all sorts of things, but I don't know an interest enough to get her a sefer or book on a random topic. I know she enjoys getting out and about and walking around and seeing things without buying them. She also likes doing things with her hands (like making kiddush cups for people).

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 4:03 pm
csstb wrote:
I'm not totally sure. She's really bright and likes learning about all sorts of things, but I don't know an interest enough to get her a sefer or book on a random topic. I know she enjoys getting out and about and walking around and seeing things without buying them. She also likes doing things with her hands (like making kiddush cups for people).

What does she make kiddish cups from? Does she like go to Paul requests and make them? Does she pay them? Does she bang out the silver herself?

csstb

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 4:10 pm
Glass, metal, and wood. I think she buys premade cups and then crafts pieces to go on them. She doesn't do it for business.

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 4:16 pm
csstb wrote:
Glass, metal, and wood. I think she buys premade cups and then crafts pieces to go on them. She doesn't do it for business.

Do you know where she likes to shop? Perhaps you can get her some materials or a gift card to the material store that she likes to purchase things at

monseymom25

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 4:22 pm
Maybe gift her an experience. A flight lesson will be a little above your budget. A pottery class? Painting class? A Museum entry ?

csstb

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 4:40 pm
Good ideas. Where in the ny area are there pottery classes? Or maybe outdoorsy experiences?

Cheiny

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 5:50 pm
csstb wrote:

I maintain the best idea is a general gift card. There’s always something people can find that need or want… trying to guess for someone like this sounds almost impossible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics