Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Does a lined lace top look like hair growing out of scalp?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 9:19 pm
Also, what's the difference between a skin top, silk top and lace top?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 9:27 pm
Yeah. Are there any tutorials about types of wigs?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 9:28 pm
Is there a way to work around it so it doesn't look like it's growing out of scalp? I want a lace top because I like the texture. I'm not interested in the natural scalp though.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 7:31 am
Bump

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 3:56 pm
Anyone?

agreer

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 4:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is there a way to work around it so it doesn't look like it's growing out of scalp? I want a lace top because I like the texture. I'm not interested in the natural scalp though.

Yes. Don't be careful with it. If you aren't 100% amazing with it, it will look like a wig and not like it's growing out of your scalp.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 4:28 pm
agreer wrote:
Yes. Don't be careful with it. If you aren't 100% amazing with it, it will look like a wig and not like it's growing out of your scalp.

Seriously?

Why though? Isn't it very flat on top? Can hair be smushed next to the hairline to avoid the growing out look?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 4:38 pm
Also, would anyone know whether lace top hair is different hair than unprocessed regular wig hair?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 10:05 am
amother OP wrote:
Also, would anyone know whether lace top hair is different hair than unprocessed regular wig hair?

Bump

amother
DarkYellow

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 10:15 am
Lined lace top doesn’t look like hair growing straight out. The difference is the shape of the cap, it’s flatter. Also the hairs are put in differently.

Overall it gives a more natural look. Deff not as natural as unlined lace top.

As for the front, you can either fold it in. Or you can fill the lace with tons of baby hair for a less natural look.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 11:09 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Lined lace top doesn’t look like hair growing straight out. The difference is the shape of the cap, it’s flatter. Also the hairs are put in differently.

Overall it gives a more natural look. Deff not as natural as unlined lace top.

As for the front, you can either fold it in. Or you can fill the lace with tons of baby hair for a less natural look.

Thank you for the info!

You mentioned the hairs are put in differently on a lace top. In what way is it different and what effect does it have on the overall look?

And would you know if they use different hairs on a lace top? Like more natural hair? The lace tops seem to have a coarser more natural look. I'm wondering if it's different hair or just the way it's sewn in. Maybe less hair?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 11:27 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for the info!

You mentioned the hairs are put in differently on a lace top. In what way is it different and what effect does it have on the overall look?

And would you know if they use different hairs on a lace top? Like more natural hair? The lace tops seem to have a coarser more natural look. I'm wondering if it's different hair or just the way it's sewn in. Maybe less hair?

Depends on the brand. It’s put in differently since the cap is different. Deff looks more natural.

I do believe lace tops have less hair too. But not a rule for all brands.

I doubt it’s different hair.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 4:19 pm
amother Rose wrote:
Yeah. Are there any tutorials about types of wigs?

I don’t know of any tutorials, but if you contact Mazette Wigs, I know they’ll do free appointments just to show you in-depth all the different features and options, and explain pros and cons of each one. They can also give you specific suggestions for what might work best for YOU personally, depending on your exact needs, budget, patience, hairline, etc. Highly recommend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels