Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Curly Sheitels - Chabad

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 3:25 pm
To all of the lovely Chabad women out there (and anyone else with a curly sheitel although I feel like I always see them on Chabad women), where did you get your sheitel? I have super curly hair and I had to buy straight because there was nothing available that was curly. I was in Crown Heights today and saw some really nice ones. I’m looking for 2-3k range (I paid $2300 for mine 3 years ago so whatever the equivalent is now) and not a lot of maintenance. Any suggestions?

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 3:39 pm
You can check out sheeba wigs. She has curly for a good price

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 4:29 pm
Curly shaitels are high maintenance. There's no way around that. Sheeba wigs sells well priced ones but don't be fooled into thinking they're as simple and easy as straight ones, they aren't.

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 4:46 pm
A really good place is also tiki dean

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 5:46 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
Curly shaitels are high maintenance. There's no way around that. Sheeba wigs sells well priced ones but don't be fooled into thinking they're as simple and easy as straight ones, they aren't.

Well I'd assume people looking for a curly wig have naturally curly hair and are used to high maintenence hair.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:01 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Well I'd assume people looking for a curly wig have naturally curly hair and are used to high maintenence hair.

It’s just annoying to spend so much money on a sheitel and then need to maintain it. I did try clarys before I was married but the maintenance was more than my own curly hair which required a lot of work.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:07 pm
Does anyone have contact info for sheeba wigs? I don’t have social media.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 7:19 pm

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 7:25 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Sheeba Wigs:

Lmk once you got it and I'll erase.

Hatzlacha!

Got it. Thank you!!

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 7:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Got it. Thank you!!

Great! Please erase the number from your quote.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 7:49 pm
[amother OP"]Got it. Thank you!![/quote]

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 7:50 pm
I reported it to the mod and asked them to erase it. For some reason I can’t edit the post. Sorry!

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 6:54 pm
As most of these curly wigs are permed. Just realize the curl doesn't last forever. I got a very tightly curled wig and 2 years later, its just very wavy now. I like it regardless..but the curl eventually does fade.

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:37 pm
Chaya tunik specializes in naturally curly wigs

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 4:59 pm
So I’m not chabad and I do have a curly wig LOL I don’t find it to be high maintenance at all, so not understanding why people say it is (and it’s a lace front, too). Anyway, I just wash it and let it air dry. Someone bought it for me, from Mazette Wigs in Monsey (though it was bought in a pop up sale further south Very Happy ). It came with a nice printed sheet of care instructions that were easy to follow. I’ve had it over a year and never once even sent it out for wash and set. I love love love it and get so many compliments.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 5:00 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
So I’m not chabad and I do have a curly wig LOL I don’t find it to be high maintenance at all, so not understanding why people say it is (and it’s a lace front, too). Anyway, I just wash it and let it air dry. Someone bought it for me, from Mazette Wigs in Monsey (though it was bought in a pop up sale further south Very Happy ). It came with a nice printed sheet of care instructions that were easy to follow. I’ve had it over a year and never once even sent it out for wash and set. I love love love it and get so many compliments.

Thank you! I’ll check this out too.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 5:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! I’ll check this out too.

Hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels