Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Herschel or Kipling- which is trending now (Lakewood)
Previous  1  2

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
What about Fjallraven?

Bump

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 7:51 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
Bump

I got it for my kids 2 years ago and I'm not a trendsetter, so probably on its way out

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 8:28 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
I’ve been getting state backpacks for my kids for many years. They last at least 2 years.

It’s quite amusing that it’s in high style now. I hate to follow these styles and crazes. I’d probably get a different brand had I known!

But the quality is fantastic. They have larger sizes for teenagers. And I like that there’s even more pockets in the newer ones.

Interesting you say they last. My kids with Kipling are going strong after 3+ yrs. My son with a state bag has had it replaced twice already!!! And he’s a pretty gently kid. Not a typical boy. The zipper keeps breaking. They are beautiful in style but definitely dont last

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 9:53 pm
I bought a nice big state bag for my preschool daughter on ebay for 35$. Lasted a year and a summer, which is pretty impressive.

Another DC has Herschel and lasted 2 years and hope for another year

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 9:55 pm
For a 7th grader - Hershel work?

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 9:58 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
This is an honest question from someone who has bought her kids Lululemon Etc

Who is it that randomly picks a new expensive brand and then everyone follows? Like, who started buying State and then everyone said ooh a new brand that sells cases for 90 bucks! Let's all get it.

I want that power lol.

I just saw them in an ad and had no idea what it was and I was thinking they really look nice and cute. So I can see why they would be popular.

Batsheva1

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 10:00 pm
LL Bean

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:02 pm
Interesting to hear everyone's input. I wonder where everyone who responded lives, if it varies by location.

My girls were arguing about which backpack is the right one to have. They're still young-ish, as they're middle school age, but they insisted that Kipling is making a comeback.. They would've bought Herschel but I told them whatever they get is going to be used for at least 2 years and they were worried that Herschel is on the way out and won't be acceptable the second year.

I'm literally rolling as I type this. I'm the last person to be running after these things. I have a Kate spade bag because I got it as a gift and I've been told on this site that it's more appropriate for a 20yr old. Oh well...I guess I'm a very youthful 38yr old.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics