Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cheap houses to rent with a pool.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 3:26 pm
Preferably Near a shul

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 3:29 pm
Cheap, with a pool, near a shul, is an oxymoron.

BusyMama1

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 3:44 pm
What part of the world?
Look on airbnb

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 3:45 pm
Orlando

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 3:45 pm
Look in Monsey area, ppl rent out their homes

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 3:46 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
Look in Monsey area, ppl rent out their homes

For $1700 a weekend.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 3:49 pm
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6.....f5078

3 bedroom / 2 bathroom house with pool for $175 / night. 15 minute walk from Chabad of Mesa.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 3:58 pm
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4.....37697

Here's another - 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom house with pool for $145 / night in Tucson, AZ.
5 minute walk to the shul.

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 4:04 pm
No one is is in Arizona willingly during the summer - that is why the rates are so low.

And walking during the day could be hazardous to health - people in desert areas try to avoid doing anything except in the very early morning or when the sun goes down.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 4:14 pm
Amarante wrote:
No one is is in Arizona willingly during the summer - that is why the rates are so low.

And walking during the day could be hazardous to health - people in desert areas try to avoid doing anything except in the very early morning or when the sun goes down.

My DH went to AZ with my boys one summer after I gave birth . They rented a house with a pool and loved their trip. Dry heat is more bearable than hot and humid weather

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 4:15 pm
Amarante wrote:

Actually, the weather there over the next couple weeks isn't that extreme. Highs under 110. You'll have an air conditioned house. A pool. When you walk to shul, wear a sun hat and drink water when you get there. You'll be just fine.

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 4:33 pm
Dry heat over 100 is unbearable - I am in Los Angeles and have experienced that kind of heat and it is literally like stepping into an oven when you go outside - which people do as little as possible as they go from their air conditioned offices/homes into their air conditioned cars

And OP asked for walking distance to shuls. LOL

There is a reason why the homes are so cheap in the summer in Arizona. Retired people who can will spend the summer in more temperate climates - the sunbirds just like people from cold climates will winter in warmer climates.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 6:32 pm
Amarante wrote:
Dry heat over 100 is unbearable - I am in Los Angeles and have experienced that kind of heat and it is literally like stepping into an oven when you go outside - which people do as little as possible as they go from their air conditioned offices/homes into their air conditioned cars

And OP asked for walking distance to shuls. LOL

There is a reason why the homes are so cheap in the summer in Arizona. Retired people who can will spend the summer in more temperate climates - the sunbirds just like people from cold climates will winter in warmer climates.

Of course, I cannot speak for your experience. It is a question of personal preference, and different people can be comfortable in different environments. I have lived in Arizona for over 5 years. I know what 125 degrees feels like. And for me, 105 is not bad, and very much walkable if you are wearing appropriate attire and are well hydrated. I've also lived in Canada for over 10 years and I know what cold feels like, too, so I am not someone who has only lived in the heat and therefore has a skewed sense of what is tolerable.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 6:36 pm
Orlando is cheap.

But it's not pleasant either with the humidity. Probably less pleasant than Phoenix/ Scottsdale. Pick your poison.

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 7:38 pm
We stayed in a townhouse in new Champions Gate in Orlando last week. Was about $150 per night. The house had a tiny tiny pool, deepest was 4 ft so we didn't even bother swimming. There is no shul in walking distance but often there is a pop up minyan nearby. You have to contact Orlando Torah Academy (check the website Orlando kosher) to see if there will be a minyan near where you want to rent.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:57 am
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8.....bb565
3 bedroom / 2.5 bathroom large townhouse in El Paso, Texas, for $165 / night. Has community pool. 20 minute walk to the Chabad. Temperatures there over the next few weeks have highs in the low 90's.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5.....fe8d9
3 bedroom / 3.5 bathroom home in St George, Utah, for $207 / night. Has community pool, tennis court, playground area. 10 minute walk to the Chabad. Temperatures there over the next few weeks have highs in the mid 90's.

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:00 am
amother Banana wrote:
We stayed in a townhouse in new Champions Gate in Orlando last week. Was about $150 per night. The house had a tiny tiny pool, deepest was 4 ft so we didn't even bother swimming. There is no shul in walking distance but often there is a pop up minyan nearby. You have to contact Orlando Torah Academy (check the website Orlando kosher) to see if there will be a minyan near where you want to rent.

There are houses with bigger pools similar pricing especially now when it's not high season.

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:31 am
amother Clear wrote:
There are houses with bigger pools similar pricing especially now when it's not high season.

Not that I was able to find in the area of a minyan, I looked a lot. We didn't care about the pool, that wasn't our priority. Minyan was.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics