Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often do you wash your weekday shirts

How often do you wash your weekday shirts
after every single use I wash my shirt - sweat or no  
 54%  [ 90 ]
If I sweat even if no smell  
 20%  [ 33 ]
If I sweat and smell  
 14%  [ 23 ]
I wear a couple of times if sweat or smell  
 4%  [ 7 ]
I try to go a good few days without washing to preserve the shirt quality (may sweat or smell)  
 6%  [ 10 ]
I never wash my clothes - I use perfume to hide the smell  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 164

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 5:53 am
Curious what is the norm

ETA- I see now that the option should say sweat and smell. How do I fix that?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 6:27 am
In the summer, daily. I’m drenched with sweat every day

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:09 am
I see a lot of responses saying every single use. Does that mean you wash your shirt even in the winter when you don't sweat or smell on very cold days you?

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:14 am
So if it's a tshirt or shell, after each use. If feels gross to put put back on. Even if I don't sweat.
If it's a denim type shirt or a shirt dress I might be able to wear it 3x before washing, depends on sweat or spills.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:27 am
I wash shirts after wearing them twice (even if I don't sweat), unless they smell after the first time and then they get washed right away.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:40 am
amother OP wrote:
I see a lot of responses saying every single use. Does that mean you wash your shirt even in the winter when you don't sweat or smell on very cold days you?

Yes. I find it gross to put it back on. Also I have little kids so I end up having something on my shirts by the end of the day.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:53 am
I wash every single article of clothing every day. Shirt, skirt, bra, leggings , pajamas …

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 8:15 am
Shirts and pjs get worn once. Skirts I will go twice unless they get dirty sooner. I love the feel of clean clothes in the morning. Worth doing extra laundry for that.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 8:58 am
Because if I don’t throw it in the hamper, my room would be a mess. I don’t like to wear the ame thing two day in a row. So I wash it all.
Expensive, high quality clothes I hang back up if it’s clean. I’ll wear it 2-4 times before washing it.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:04 am
I wear a thin shell under many of my tops so I was the shell but usually I can still wear the tops since they weren’t touching my skin.
Tops that are directly touching my skin have to get washed each time. Occasionally if I didn’t leave the house and wasn’t busy cooking I could wear the top again before washing.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:06 am
I voted if I swear even if no smell.
Summer time that means every day. Winter time basically whenever it gets dirty.
So at home I wear a slinky skirt w a tee. That gets washed every day. If I have a kid in certain stages amd gets me dirty I'll change midday/before husband comes home into another slinky skirt and tee.

Regular street clothes if I sweat, which in summer means every day. In winter I usually wear a modal shell underneath (poly irritates me) so I wash only if it got dirty. Same w skirts. Then I wash it after every 3-4 wears max even if they stay clean and not dirty or sweaty becuase I feel it doesn't feel/look so fresh clean. But I don't wash right away.

Elegant or shabbos also only if sweat or dirty.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:18 am
I never put anything back no matter how long I wore it or if it smells or not.
I'm too lazy to fold and hang, it's easier to dump it straight into the hamper and put it away with the rest of my laundry.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:20 am
Germs allergens and sometimes we don’t notice our own smell…I vote daily when possible

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:23 am
Tops I wash after 1 use because they touch my skin and I do sweat
Sweaters that dont directly touch my skin I might wash after 2 times
Skirts I wash when dirty...probably once a week
Pajamas I wash after 1 use because I sweat at night

essie14

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 11:27 am
Shirts, underwear , pajamas get washed after every single use. In the summer I can go through 2 shirts a day sometimes.
I wear chub rub shorts under my skirt so maybe I'll wash a skirt after 2 wearings.
Same in the winter. Everything I wear goes in the hamper, except maybe a skirt if I wore leggings underneath.

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 11:36 am
amother OP wrote:

Usually, unless I wore it very briefly, though there are exceptions. I fully realize this is a luxury I can afford because I have B"H my own machine. If I had to shlep to a laundromat, my answer would likely be different. Growing up considerably poorer than I am now, we wore white shirts once, colored shirts twice. White collars, cuffs and elbows tattle.

A friend of mine once told me that buying a second-hand washer made her feel rich because now she could profligately throw in only a partial load instead of waiting to do a wash till she had a full load.

In any event, underarms can sweat even on cold days, and you don't necessarily feel it.
Don't trust your own nose when it comes to your BO.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 12:36 pm
https://I.imgur.com/HVRUNmx.jpg

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 12:56 pm
I have little kids, and I live in a city where the winters lowest is 50F, summers are 75% humidity and 90F. Everything gets washed. Sometimes I change in the middle of the day. Either because there’s ketchup, snot, chocolate, etc smeared in somewhere or cuz I’m drenched with sweat.

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 4:22 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I wash every single article of clothing every day. Shirt, skirt, bra, leggings , pajamas …

This

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 5:09 pm
I have little kids, everything except pajamas and bras are usually washed after being worn once. Its definitely stained with something or smells or is gross by the end of the day
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry