Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
If you knew…

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:10 pm
…that holding back from ONE nasty comment (online or IRL) would bring the Geula, but you SO wanted to say it…what would you do?

NechaMom

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:11 pm
I would write it and then do this

Or this size

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:13 pm
If I would be sure that it would bring the Geulah I would refrain from saying it. Very easily.
But unfortunately refraining from just one probably won't do the trick, so..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:15 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
If I would be sure that it would bring the Geulah I would refrain from saying it. Very easily.
But unfortunately refraining from just one probably won't do the trick, so..

But it does move us closer, no? I think the Rambam says that a person should see themselves and the entire world as half zakai and half chayav, and consider that each action we take is going to tilt the scales one way or another.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
But it does move us closer, no? I think the Rambam says that a person should see themselves and the entire world as half zakai and half chayav, and consider that each action we take is going to tilt the scales one way or another.

Yes. I know all that. And I try to be good.
But it's so disheartening to see no end in sight.
Whereas if I know for certain that that ONE or even two comments will be the ONE.
I would definitely have the willpower to control myself.
Either way, for me it's not saying a nasty comment that's difficult. I'm not a nasty person by nature.
It's more repeating a juicy piece of gossip!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:21 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
Whereas if I know for certain that that ONE or even two comments will be the ONE.
Either way, for me it's not saying a nasty comment that's difficult. I'm not a nasty person by nature.

We all do! From your posts you seem like a very kind person.

And I relate to feeling like there’s no end in sight. Like yes the Geula will eventually come, but the not knowing makes it hard to hold on.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:22 pm
NechaMom wrote:

Or this size

Creative! In a way you’re saying the comment, while also tempering its impact.

Goody2shoes

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:23 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:

That's the point, you don't know. Maybe your one comment is the one. There's no chochma in having willpower if we know the reward for it.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:29 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
That's the point, you don't know. Maybe your one comment is the one. There's no chochma in having willpower if we know the reward for it.

I agree.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
We all do! From your posts you seem like a very kind person.

And I relate to feeling like there’s no end in sight. Like yes the Geula will eventually come, but the not knowing makes it hard to hold on.

I try. I try. Smile

NechaMom

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Creative! In a way you’re saying the comment, while also tempering its impact.

My way of bringing Moshiach closer. Now if everybody would only be like me...

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:41 pm
With age and pain I've learnt the power of one nice comment. How much greater the pain of a nasty one.
Did you know you are held responsible for withholding a positive comment?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:43 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
With age and pain I've learnt the power of one nice comment. How much greater the pain of a nasty one.
Did you know you are held responsible for withholding a positive comment?

Lashon tov is a real inyan! I don’t have a mekor for it but would be interested in learning more.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:48 pm
I would definitely would not say it. I’m very sensitive in general. How many nasty comments I got over the summer and please refrain from asking me, bc I’m not up to talking about it anymore, it’s too much, and BhBh under control. And how many really down to earth people were.I really hope you’ll understand.
I always try to hold and bite my tongue almost every time I want to say something.

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 12:12 am
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
I would definitely would not say it. I’m very sensitive in general. How many nasty comments I got over the summer and please refrain from asking me, bc I’m not up to talking about it anymore, it’s too much, and BhBh under control. And how many really down to earth people were.I really hope you’ll understand.
I always try to hold and bite my tongue almost every time I want to say something.

Are you sure it was nasty or people genuinely concerned about you? I don’t think anyone wanted to hurt you. They cared about your wellbeing.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 12:13 am
Lo sonu is a Mitzva deoraisa not to insult someone.

Elul is all about doing the avodah of Torah, Teshuva, tefila, Tzedaka, for the sake of Geula. This is not to be left out.

jflower

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 6:22 am
NechaMom wrote:

Or this size

Nechamom, please let me know how you did the strikethrough. I can't figure it out on my mobile phone. TIA

jflower

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 8:28 am
jflower wrote:
Nechamom, please let me know how you did the strikethrough. I can't figure it out on my mobile phone. TIA

I figured it out. I highlighted the text, then a menu pops up and I clicked on strikethrough.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:20 pm
Of course. We all would
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational