Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
GREY SPOTS ON KIDS CLOTHES!

MummyT

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 5:56 am
My girls used bubble wands and then the clothes they were wearing came out the wash with grey mouldy looking spots all over.. anyone ever heard of this happening and any ideas what to do about it???

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 6:08 am
Yes bubbles are terrible, only homemade.
As far as I know there is nothing to do about it

MummyT

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 6:29 am
Oh no!! They were brand new - worn once!

Highstrung

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 6:38 am
I read about this on here in the beginning of the summer and tossed my kids bubbles. My daughter went on a play date and they played with a bubble machine. She was wearing a top with thick white stripes and it got grey marks
all over it. I tossed it.
What’s weird is that years ago we used bubbles all the time and I never had this issue.

bsy

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 6:44 am
The dreaded bubble stains.... never come out unfortunately

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:02 am
Somebody posted a link on another thread you can try the solutions
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....14830

https://istyle.htgetrid.com/en......html

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 8:14 am
Those awful grey stains Punch

I find it's the cheaper bubbles that cause it. Good quality bubbles are fine.

If you soak the clothing in cold water with some dish soap in it, and then wash as usual-- the stains will go. But this only helps before the clothing has been washed after bubble play!

Which is annoying 'cos you won't see those stains before they come out the wash.

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:38 am
The title made me scream BUBBLES before read Any more.
We've been using target bubbles all season and they don't stain. The neighbors where originally frightened to allow their children near mine with the bubbles. But these target ones have proven themselves clothing safe bh!
( Amazing savings and toys4u definitely stain along with other brand)

devorah1231

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:44 am
Keep those clothes for bubble play time...

amother
Ballota

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:44 am
So upsetting. On the same note, when will daycamps learn to stop using “washable” paint? So many things get ruined by carelessness. At least tell them a day in advance to wear something that’s ruined already anyway!

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:47 am
When can we sue these companies for no warning. I lost so many articles of clothing because camp used bubbles all the time.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:55 am
Oh, the amount of new clothes ruined by bubbles! I stopped buying bubbles. When my kids do play with bubbles at camp or neighbors, the only thing that takes bubble stains out, is washing the clothing in plain water before washing it regularly.

MummyT

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 11:08 am
Thanks for your replies everyone.. I have been in touch with one of the companies that sell these dreadful bubbles - BUT she doesnt believe me - she says nobody has ever complained about this before. She wants proof- Im sending my kids stained clothing but the more pictures the better - if you have any pics & are able to send them to me I would appreciate it loads. I can PM my email address if you like...

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 12:19 pm
What do these stains look like? Can someone please post a pic? I have multiple kids clothing that have similar sounding stains but I always thought it was from the washing machine

bsy

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 2:06 pm
If my kids want bubbles, we dress in black from head to toe. I'm done ruining light colors.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 2:24 pm
I only use fubbles. I get it in tjmax or Marshall’s for cheap.
The greedy local stores that don’t care to sell Chinese junk that causes harm because they make more money don’t get my business.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry