Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help planing trip to New Hampshire
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 9:11 am
doctorima wrote:
My kids much preferred Lost River. The caves they get to wiggle through add a lot. We've gone back there another 2-3 times, but never gone back to Flume Gorge.

Anyone know if Lost River is hard to do with a baby (in carrier)? Deciding between the two of these as well

cinnabon

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 8:33 pm
We’re at New Hampshire now, arrived last night.
Bh had a wonderful day today at Cranmore adventure resort. (Alpine coasting, scenic chairlift)
I was hoping to do a hike also today but it got late and everyone was tired from the traveling.
This is what I have for rest of itinerary and wondering if should change it up.

Thursday
Clark’s
The lost River

Friday
Mount Washington - but now I’m wondering if it’s a full day trip since it’s an hour away from where we are. And is it interesting for little kids? 2,6,8.

Loon mountain cable cars

Sunday- should we do storyland or rather more hikes ??
Undecided . I had storyland planned, but thinking if should scratch it and just do more nature scenic hikes and stuff instead

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 9:23 pm
I was there this week. This was my itinerary.
Sunday: story land. My kids enjoyed but not enough I would go back. Kids 12-2
Monday: clarks- they LOVED LOVED. Got there 10:00 left there 3:00. Then went to flume gorge. It's very close.
Tuesday: loon mountain gondola and caves. Then lost river gorge. Kids loved both.

Headed home.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 9:38 pm
We're in NH now. We spent one morning at the Living Shores aquarium (it's just one big room, but my kids love touch tanks so we spent a good 2 hours there). Then I took the younger kids next door to Storyland while DH took the older kids on a hike. We took the Cog Railway up to Mt. Washington and luckily had good visibility. It was still pretty cold and windy up top, but we enjoyed the views. Afterwards we did some smaller hikes along the road on the way back out to civilization. We spent one day schlepping to Portsmouth to the Strawbery Banke Museum and the USS Albacore submarine museum, but it was a long drive both ways. We're moving to the Lincoln area tomorrow and want to do a lot of the things already listed on this thread, but the weather is looking kinda iffy.

What is there to do in NH when it's raining?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 10:46 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
We're in NH now. We spent one morning at the Living Shores aquarium (it's just one big room, but my kids love touch tanks so we spent a good 2 hours there). Then I took the younger kids next door to Storyland while DH took the older kids on a hike. We took the Cog Railway up to Mt. Washington and luckily had good visibility. It was still pretty cold and windy up top, but we enjoyed the views. Afterwards we did some smaller hikes along the road on the way back out to civilization. We spent one day schlepping to Portsmouth to the Strawbery Banke Museum and the USS Albacore submarine museum, but it was a long drive both ways. We're moving to the Lincoln area tomorrow and want to do a lot of the things already listed on this thread, but the weather is looking kinda iffy.

What is there to do in NH when it's raining?

We were there last week and it rained every single day aside for Monday. We arrived too late on Monday to do anything other than settle in.
Unfortunately we didn’t get to do too much outdoors because the weather was really not good at all.
The gondola cable car on loon mountain is completely closed in and it’s fine to go even if it’s rainy. We did that on Tuesday and then came back to the hotel and kids went swimming (indoors).
There is an arcade place around 45 minutes away from Lincoln. It’s called funspot. It’s officially the world’s largest arcade place. That was our trip on rainy Wednesday. On the way out from funspot (down the block) we noticed a go karting place. Kids really enjoyed that and it wasn’t expensive at all.
Thursday we went to Clark’s. That was really fun and kept everyone busy for a few hours.
It was drizzling on and off but everything was still open. (Bring a change of clothing because there are 2 water rides and they will get wet) When we got back to the hotel the rain basically stopped and we made a bbq.
Friday was pouring. We drove around Lincoln- not sure what to do. Suddenly the sun came out and at the same time my kids spotted rock climbing and zip lining on loon mountain. As soon as we left it was raining again…
Sunday was gorgeous, sunny but we were heading back so we didn’t get to do anything.
If your husband is going to daven at the days inn minyan there is an arcade room right across from the room where they daven and that keeps kids busy.
Hope you get some sunny days 🌞

cinnabon

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 11:01 pm
My biggest dilemma is if storyland is worth it or should I rather just do some more hikes and nature.
We would do that on Sunday otw home

cinnabon

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 8:19 pm
Bump.

Would love to hear from someone with young children if they did mount Washington and storyland and how you would rate it.
I wanted to do so many hikes but we didn’t get around to do them yet (the lost River , the basin, glacial caves loon…)
My children are 2,6,8

Thanks in advance!

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 9:31 pm
Storyland looks perfect for your children’s ages. I didn’t go because my children are a lot older. It really looks fun for younger kids.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics