Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
How's the wait in perroquet shoes these days?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:18 pm
I've always managed to avoid frum stores during crazy season by ordering online but for several reasons I might actually need to brave a store this year. If I show up at the door before they open, is there a chance we could be serviced within a normal amount of time? It would be for 1 kid, and we would be trying 1 or 2 styles for size. I realize this might be a very naive question but I'm still hoping...

Or does anyone know if they'd let me order by phone, pick up in the store, try at home and take back what I'm not keeping same day or next?

Anyone have other bright ideas for me? Shabbos and weekday shoes for a 12yo girl with a large, wide foot? Price is not so much an issue but I can't be ordering a million pairs online with crazy return policies.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:22 pm
You just go to the back ask for the shoes you want and show the guy the fit. It always moves fast.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:23 pm
Not peroquet but I went to royal (I had a gift card) and I'm pretty sure they're even busier than peroquet. I showed up a few minutes after they opened and was in & out. Most people aren't getting started so early.

I did not find anything at peroquet for a wide foot but I didn't even try them this season. Royal shoes are softer leather so she was able to fit her foot in. The fit still wasn't 100%. Wide shoes are so hard to find!

I'm thinking of trying Tescher's because I've heard they may have better fitting shoes. If I make it there I'll let you know.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:23 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
You just go to the back ask for the shoes you want and show the guy the fit. It always moves fast.
Oh this is so good to know.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:26 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
Not peroquet but I went to royal (I had a gift card) and I'm pretty sure they're even busier than peroquet. I showed up a few minutes after they opened and was in & out. Most people aren't getting started so early.

I did not find anything at peroquet for a wide foot but I didn't even try them this season. Royal shoes are softer leather so she was able to fit her foot in. The fit still wasn't 100%. Wide shoes are so hard to find!

I'm thinking of trying Tescher's because I've heard they may have better fitting shoes. If I make it there I'll let you know.
Teschers is a good idea, don't they work by appointment? Do you know if they carry large sizes? Like 37-38? Dd's feet aren't extremely wide and I've never really had an issue finding things that fit but lately all the loafers are gapping on her.

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
Teschers is a good idea, don't they work by appointment? Do you know if they carry large sizes? Like 37-38? Dd's feet aren't extremely wide and I've never really had an issue finding things that fit but lately all the loafers are gapping on her.

I get my daughter who’s a 37 hard fit shoes by tescher or London kids

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
My dd's feet aren't extremely wide either. They're just on the wider side. The loafers and the shabbos slip ons are both really bad. She always has to get the sneaker styles for her school shoes

Tescher's is by appointment but I haven't actually made it there so not sure about sizing.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:32 pm
amother Dill wrote:
Which store was better? What style shoe did you get from London kids?

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:36 pm
Teschers is by appointment which is great at this time of year. She's also really, really good at finding the right shoe to fit your foot.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:52 pm
amother Dill wrote:
I'll try teschers. Do you happen to have the number?

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 10:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'll try teschers. Do you happen to have the number?

+17329052518

amother
Green

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 11:49 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
Teschers is by appointment which is great at this time of year. She's also really, really good at finding the right shoe to fit your foot.

THIS

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 11:59 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:

I got the loafer that has a thick sole and a flag instead of penny loafer
Not sure the name

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 12:06 am
amother Raspberry wrote:

They’re both good stores
I love that tescher has appt and Mrs Friedman is a great fitter
My daughter wanted London kids for school shoes so that’s what we did

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 12:10 am
Another vote for teschers. A pleasure!
It’s organized chaos at this time of year cuz so much going in but they never take more ppl at a time than they can handle. Mrs Friedman is a super star and keeps her cool, remembers everything and everyone that’s trying stuff on. And she’s a master at what she does.
If price is not an issue go there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 3:21 pm
How long does it take to get an appt at Teschers? Like days out? Or today-tomorrow?

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 3:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
How long does it take to get an appt at Teschers? Like days out? Or today-tomorrow?

If ur not picky on a specific time they’ll have next day

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 3:35 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
If ur not picky on a specific time they’ll have next day. But you can call them and they’ll tell u

amother
Green

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 6:37 pm
amother Smokey wrote:

Just for u to realize, in busy season you might have to wait a little even if you make an appointment. Dont expect it to be a private appointment with just you there. It gets pretty busy...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries