Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Baby gift ideas

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:12 am
For friend who had her first after 4 years of marriage. It sounds like she had tons of gifts so not sure what's needed. I doubt she needs more layette..

I would spend in the $50 range.

Thanks!

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:20 am
Breakfast the day she comes home from hospital or her mother or the day she goes back to work

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:20 am
Baby lotion/perfume

Gittu

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:22 am
Something for mom, a gift certificate for spa, message, beauty store... I appreciated that most...

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:23 am
Can you find out or ask her if she needs any baby gear like swing, bouncer, play mat, crib mobile? Sometimes everyone assumes they got everything other people

Or maybe a highchair?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:30 am
amother Pink wrote:
Breakfast the day she comes home from hospital or her mother or the day she goes back to work

Nice idea! Thank you

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:31 am
Gittu wrote:
Something for mom, a gift certificate for spa, message, beauty store... I appreciated that most...

Nice, trying to think if she would appreciate something in that category as she's not the super feminine type.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:33 am
amother Yolk wrote:
Can you find out or ask her if she needs any baby gear like swing, bouncer, play mat, crib mobile? Sometimes everyone assumes they got everything other people

Or maybe a highchair?

I could ask, but she comes from a large wealthy family so I doubt that she's missing any of those except probably a high chair (but my $50 won't go so far)

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 12:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
For friend who had her first after 4 years of marriage. It sounds like she had tons of gifts so not sure what's needed. I doubt she needs more layette..

I would spend in the $50 range.

Thanks!

How about a personalized bath towel from etsie. Can even do a regular bath towel as opposed to a hooded one since she prob got hooded already. But either is nice
Also can never have too many towels I feel like. Constantly doing laundry etc. blankets you can have too much of.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 4:43 pm
Baby toys! I had my first after about 3 years and we got tons of clothes but very few toys. You don't need them right away, but when you realize that your baby is ready for them, you don't have.

seeker

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Nice, trying to think if she would appreciate something in that category as she's not the super feminine type.

I'm not either but a real good massage after your body has been through childbirth is not frilly.

However you'd be lucky to find one under $50 these days.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:20 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
Baby lotion/perfume

Please don't unless you know she's the type to use it. My kids can't tolerate that stuff so it would go straight in the garbage

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:31 pm
Personalized blanket
Would.you give her a gift certificate to a toy store to buy baby toys?

seeker

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:40 pm
I think the ideal would be to come up with an idea and then ask. To ask 'what do you need" is too broad; to show up with something they have already is silly. But you can say "I would love to buy a bouncer for your new baby. Would that be helpful or would you prefer something else like maybe a bathtub or toy?"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics