Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
When to dress my kids winter NYC

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:14 am
When do I swap out the short sleeves and shorts for long sleeves and long pants?

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:16 am
When it gets cool outside

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:17 am
Late sept early October. But every year is different. You’ll start to feel a chill in the air and you’ll know it’s time

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:18 am
amother Starflower wrote:
When it gets cool outside

For more than a day. The weather is going to start changing now, slowly. Today it’s beautiful. My weather app says it’s 68°, and it is perfectly stunning out today. For all I know tomorrow will be back in the 80s. Once the weather gets consistently cooler, then I change.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:21 am
Hard to say, every year different.

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:23 am
My boys are in long pants way before long sleeves. This morning it was a little chilly here so they put jackets on top of their short sleeves, which they can remove when it warms up. I only do shorts in very warm weather. You can’t just cover up your legs.

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:23 am
Growing up the rule always was winter after Sukkos and summer after Pesach, For some reason the weather was never factored in.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:25 am
amother Phlox wrote:
My boys are in long pants way before long sleeves. This morning it was a little chilly here so they put jackets on top of their short sleeves, which they can remove when it warms up. I only do shorts in very warm weather. You can’t just cover up your legs.

My son's wearing shorts with Ling sleeve tee today.
It looks so cute! 😍
I find it just the opposite your legs don't make you feel cold but if you elbows/arms are bare it makes you chilly.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:31 am
Keep checking the weather, highs lows and hourly. Above 70 is short, 55 or lower during the day the winter stuff come out. In between is thin long with or without a jacket.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:33 am
Depends on the weather.

I find there is always a back and forth period of time where we're doing summer one day, winter the next etc

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:39 am

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:23 pm
amother Phlox wrote:

For sure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics