Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Technology boundaries

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 3:13 pm
Our ds 12 just got a Nintendo switch and we're looking for help for guidelines of how to limit it. We've noticed lately that he could be on it for hours at a time. How do you limit your child's screen time? Do you do a certain amount of hours a day, or do you have them earn it, or only on weekends? Any tips and specific real recommendations appreciated. Thanks!!

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 3:59 pm
I don’t think Nintendo has parents controls, but Apple devices do and that helps with regulator.

When my daughter was around that time we allowed her 2 hours a week screen time and she was able to make the choice of when she wanted to use it. This would only work with a locked device, otherwise how can you stop them from using it?

giftedmom

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 4:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Our ds 12 just got a Nintendo switch and we're looking for help for guidelines of how to limit it. We've noticed lately that he could be on it for hours at a time. How do you limit your child's screen time? Do you do a certain amount of hours a day, or do you have them earn it, or only on weekends? Any tips and specific real recommendations appreciated. Thanks!!

We have our switch connected to WiFi and have the app on my phone where there’s parental controls. You can control their access to news, messaging, and set time limits.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 5:02 pm
Thank you for this feedback, it's very helpful. I was asking this question to my friend and just told her the answer above about putting controls on Wi-Fi on your phone. She has an xbox, is there any way to control that on your phone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children