Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Should we go back to diapers?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:09 pm
We started toilet training our 2.5 year old daughter about 10 days ago. She is doing well overall but is consistently having 1-2 urine accidents everyday. I’ve tried reminding her a lot to go to the bathroom, but she will sometimes refuse and then have an accident soon after . I’ve also tried not saying anything, hoping she’ll notice on her own, but that doesn’t seem to work either.

She’ll be starting playgroup next week for 5 days a week and will be the oldest in her group (unlikely that others will be toilet trained). I’m due IYH in November and wanted this to be over by then….

Should we go back to diapers and try toilet training again over Rosh Hashana when she’ll be home? Wait until Chanuka when iyh I’ll have a 1 month old baby? The next long break from playgroup she’ll have is Purim….

Or is 1-2 urine accidents per day normal and just continue ?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:11 pm
You should speak to the morah as most morahs don't want kids to be in middle of toilet training for the first month while the kids get adjusted to their new environment

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:12 pm
I would just continue. It takes a little longer for some to click. Maybe get a potty watch and tell her that she has to sit on the toilet every time it beeps. I found my kids had to be sent every 2 hours the first 2 weeks until it fully clicked.

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:12 pm
She may not be ready. I think when they’re ready there won’t be any accidents. Also try pull ups rather than diapers

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:14 pm
I would speak to the morah and keep at it for the next 5 days at least. Most morahs by me have a 3 day no accident rule before being allowed to send without diapers

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:19 pm
Try telling her "mommy knows" and insist that she goes to the bathroom. Encourage her to tell you when she needs the bathroom by offering positive reinforcement for telling you when she needs to go. Is she taking bottles? I stopped bottles when training because it became emergency mode too quickly. Lastly, I probably would lose it one time and hopefully that will make the accidents stop .

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:26 pm
Normally I say to wait until they're ready, and age 3 or 3.5 is a fine time to be ready.

But in this case, I would say to try for another day or two firmly but kindly insisting that it's time to go to the bathroom. You can use a timer if it's easier to blame it on the timer than on yourself, but get her into the habit of being dry.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with waiting, though, if you just feel "done."

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:31 pm
Unpopular opinion:
Just put her in underwear and let her go. Don’t say nothing about potty underwear etc. there is nothing happening.
If she is ready , she will go to the bathroom.
If she is not, she is not. You could try again in 2-3 weeks.
It worked every single time.

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:44 pm
Put her on when you think its time, if she's squirming etc.

My morah was fine that I did at the end of August, also the oldest in the group.
Sometimes they become lazy, but Mom knows best.

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 10:27 am
Just curious if you'll Child got trained or not. Do you need any more ideas?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training