Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Help in the beg of pregnancy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:04 am
Does bikur cholim or is there another organization that helps out with food when someone is to nauseous and tired to cook for their family? I can't even think about making shabbos even more so erev yom Kippur and my family needs food.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:04 am
Do you have family or friends in your area?

mha3484

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:08 am
My bikkur cholim has a chesed kitchen that provides meals for almost any situation that you cant cook for yourself.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:31 am
Call them and ask them!

(I relate to the being so nauseous I could barely cook....for me it wasn't just the beginning of pg, it lasted the whole 9 months. But boy do I remember this time of the year 16 years ago, first trimester with youngest DD. HUGS!)

anonymous mom

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:40 am
Yes! There is a new organization that sends home cooked meals to pregnant mothers who are too tired/ nauseous to cook! Mi k'amcha Yisroel!

Call Elisheva- 848-224-9201 (Lakewood)
Rivky-848-248-9610 (Monsey)

It's a free service and they deliver to you as well. Feel good!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:35 am
anonymous mom wrote:
Yes! There is a new organization that sends home cooked meals to pregnant mothers who are too tired/ nauseous to cook! Mi k'amcha Yisroel!

Call Elisheva- 848-224-9201 (Lakewood)
Rivky-848-248-9610 (Monsey)

It's a free service and they deliver to you as well. Feel good!

I spoke to them and they took down my info and never got back to me.

anonymous mom

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:42 am
amother OP wrote:
I spoke to them and they took down my info and never got back to me.

That's upsetting..How long ago was this?

kollel_wife

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:46 am
Bikur Cholim sends meals to sick people - try them.

marvinkay

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:48 am
Try Chesed of Lakewood, they send meals to family’s that need for any reason

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:43 pm
anonymous mom wrote:
That's upsetting..How long ago was this?

Like 2 weeks ago.
I ended up calling bikur cholim and they send but only suppers. They didn't offer shabbos or yontif but I didn't ask.

Dandelion21

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Does bikur cholim or is there another organization that helps out with food when someone is to nauseous and tired to cook for their family? I can't even think about making shabbos even more so erev yom Kippur and my family needs food.

Yes pm me

esther1234

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:51 pm
OP please reach out to Elisheva! I cook for her and sent her a screenshot and she said she got back to everyone who reached out. She said I should tell you to please call her again.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:52 pm
esther1234 wrote:
OP please reach out to Elisheva! I cook for her and sent her a screenshot and she said she got back to everyone who reached out. She said I should tell you to please call her again.

This organization helped me tons

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:56 pm
OP, I'm in the same boat. I don't have HG but my symptoms are so bad dr tested me for it. I wish I could get some help but one of my kids has severe food allergies and ARFID so I need to cook 3 meals a day regardless.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:59 pm
esther1234 wrote:

It's funny cuz I texted that number and she said to text her on a diff number and I gave her all my info but didn't hear back.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 5:00 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
OP, I'm in the same boat. I don't have HG but my symptoms are so bad dr tested me for it. I wish I could get some help but one of my kids has severe food allergies and ARFID so I need to cook 3 meals a day regardless.

Oish I feel for you about the cooking. When I spoke to bikur cholim they asked if any allergies maybe they can still help you. I totally feel for u. I can't cook. Shabbos is so not made in my house and I can't even think about erev yom Kippur

esther1234

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 5:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's funny cuz I texted that number and she said to text her on a diff number and I gave her all my info but didn't hear back.

Was this now or previously?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 5:50 pm
esther1234 wrote:
Was this now or previously?

Now. Bh she got back to me!

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:21 pm
My husband has been doing most of the cooking, grocery shopping, anything food-related. I try to do other errands as much as I can, e.g. bathtime. He makes simple dinners like scrambled eggs, deli salad, preseasoned chicken. Usually I eat something else anyway since I'm too nauseous for most foods.

Have you tried Diclegis and/or Zofran?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries