Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
I have no faith

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 1:28 pm
My son is 3.5 I started toilet training him when he was almost 3 he was doing okay, his morah said he wasn’t ready long story so we stopped, over the summer we said it’s time so started training again and he was doing pretty good 1 accident a day ( he was doing okay when we remind him, but if no reminder he would usually have an accident) but his day-camp didn’t let him come cause they didn’t want to deal with the accidents, they put pull ups on him, and toilet training x2 went down the drain, now it’s over succos and we need to toilet train him however my son doesn’t seem to care if he has accidents which it makes it very challenging to train him. My husband is pushing to really train him now, I keep responding to him that I have no faith, my husband gets very frustrated with my attitude towards training saying “ if that is your attitude and you have no faith then there is no point in trying because it won’t work and will be over before we even start” I don’t know what to do because it stresses me out trying to train my son. When I don’t think he will be listening and getting better.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 1:32 pm
Is your son typically developing? At this age there is no reason why he can't be trained.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 1:34 pm
What role does your husband play in this?
Maybe he can do the first few potty trips.
Your son will get it.
It takes about two months. I am at it six weeks and we are making a lot of progress, but at the end of YT, we will be ready to send him to school in underpants. (My son is 3.)
You need an excellent immediate reward for using the potty.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 1:36 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
What role does your husband play in this?
Maybe he can do the first few potty trips.
Your son will get it.
It takes about two months. I am at it six weeks and we are making a lot of progress, but at the end of YT, we will be ready to send him to school in underpants. (My son is 3.)
You need an excellent immediate reward for using the potty.

2 months to toilet train??

mha3484

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 1:39 pm
I have 2 boys that were not trained until close to 4 at that point they were really ready and it went fast. All the attempts before ended in screaming I hate the toilet and running the other direction. I was very lucky they did not need to be trained for school. I think some kids really just need a little more time even if its realllllly annoying for us the mothers.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 1:44 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
2 months to toilet train??

To completely train with child being comfortable to use bathroom out of the house.

If your child is home with you for two weeks, you can do it completely in two weeks, but if your child is going to school in diapers and only using the bathroom once or twice a day, it is going to take longer

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 1:48 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
To completely train with child being comfortable to use bathroom out of the house.

If your child is home with you for two weeks, you can do it completely in two weeks, but if your child is going to school in diapers and only using the bathroom once or twice a day, it is going to take longer

I have to disagree with this. Definitely does not take 2 months to toilet train a child. I trained my kids in a day or two and I didn't stay home with them. I usually used a weekend but one child I actually took to work with me and took him every half hour. (he was 3.5, others were closer to 3).
Also, it's counterproductive the toilet trainer child and then put them in diapers during the day. If you would like to train them fully, you need to do it completely. I actually did the night at the same time as the day but a lot of people do not.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 2:01 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
Is your son typically developing? At this age there is no reason why he can't be trained.

Yes he’s totally developed, normal kid bh.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 2:05 pm
What should my attitude be like, I really want this to work, especially over yomtov he knows how to use the bathroom, he doesn’t usually tell us when he needs to go…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training