Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Playgroup or nursery school? 3 year olds

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 10:05 am
Hi I have three year old twins and I'm considering sending them to a school. I've looked at a small playgroup in someone's house and a large school with all grades. The playgroup is more flexible/heimish and said I can send them three days a week and will change diapers. The school is more structured and stressed the importance of them going five days a week. My twins aren't potty trained yet, were never in a program before. The morah in the school has 2 assistants and 15 kids. The playgroup has 2 teachers and 12 kids. I don't know which one is better for them, but I feel like the transition will be easier for them in the playgroup. They are a little shy, but very active and love learning. They would be in the same class in both places. Please help!!! Thanks so much

mha3484

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 10:17 am
I think for a 3 year old if a school has a selling point that makes it a much better option sure why not. But if there is no real reason that you need the 5 day a week, big building experience I would send to a playgroup and when they are 4 then send to the bigger school.

amother
Zinnia

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 10:29 am
I would only pick the school - if "not picking the school" means there will be no slot for them next year in that school (and its your preferred school in the future).

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 10:31 am
School for sure. They’re ripe for learning. My 3 year old is thriving in 3k

amother
Viola

Post Sat, Sep 30 2023, 6:19 pm
Playgroup. Spend as much time with them as you can! Kids do best with their parents for longer than you'd think.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers