Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How did I miss all the signs - inattentive ADHD - sorry long
Previous  1  2

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 11:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Never thought of that
How do I find out?
Blood test? at this age?
Yes. See a very good endo

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 11:44 am
amother OP wrote:
Low self confidence I agree
Depression - I don't think [my husband has chronic low grade depression interspersed with major depression so I know what that looks like'
PSA: Depression is a very real think - please don't use it as an adjective

Look, my husband literally has what your has, low grade depression and inattentive ADHD. He has a very hard time motivating himself to do anything. He can sleep till very late every day.

Your daughter on the other hand is getting herself out to work and doing her job and got good grades.

I have a son who has ADHD. He only got good marks on medication. It's hard for him to read anything but comics.

Don't take my word for it. I just wanted you to consider something different. It needs an evaluation. And it's even possible that different doctors will say different things.

P.s. I suffered with depression for many years and still need to keep it under control. Not sure what you found offensive about the way I phrased it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 10:36 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
Look, my husband literally has what your has, low grade depression and inattentive ADHD. He has a very hard time motivating himself to do anything. He can sleep till very late every day.

Your daughter on the other hand is getting herself out to work and doing her job and got good grades.

I have a son who has ADHD. He only got good marks on medication. It's hard for him to read anything but comics.

Don't take my word for it. I just wanted you to consider something different. It needs an evaluation. And it's even possible that different doctors will say different things.

P.s. I suffered with depression for many years and still need to keep it under control. Not sure what you found offensive about the way I phrased it.

thanks for your response & explanation
hmmm
what did depression look like for you? if you don't mind my asking
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children