Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How far to space vaccines (teen)- time sensitive!
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 9:38 pm
amother Orchid wrote:

From you OP you seem to be hesitant about the vaccines. If you want them, go for them, but if you're looking to get away with the least possible, you should insist on skipping this one altogether. Your doctor is pushing every last one on the CDC schedule. Most parents who are vaccine-hesitant only give the ones required for school.

You are correct I am vaccine hesitant! I gave the booster last week but didn't do the MenB. But seeing the CDC list, it looks like the MenB is completely optional- and in "may" get it but not "should" get it. My plan was to go back for it another time but now maybe I'll skip it. I'm still not clear on whether it's just for different strains of meningitis or what??

It's also very interesting that MD only requires one Meningitis vaccine and not the booster! The issue is that I'm anxious about side effects and I'm anxious about doing nothing and risking Meningitis. There's no good option lol

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 10:17 pm
After looking into it a little more, it looks like meningitis B is the main strain of meningitis in Israel. I expect he will be there for yeshiva so I'm wondering if it makes sense to do this vaccine too. Curious if the Israelis on this site can chime in about that. Does everyone in Israel get the B strain meningitis vaccine?

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 10:42 pm
If there is no mandate for the second one you can just give the first and have no timeline for the second. Giving you all the time and space to research. “It’s not mandated for school so we’re going to hold off with that one now.” Say it with conviction like there is no changing your mind about it. Don’t sound hesitant. This is your child’s body. You get to decide what goes in it, not the doctor-without feeling the least bit guilty. If he tries to talk to you about it you can say I know. I’m thinking about it. But we’re not going to get it just yet. We’ll just do the booster for today. Rinse and repeat.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 12:17 am
kiwi strawberry wrote:
If there is no mandate for the second one you can just give the first and have no timeline for the second. Giving you all the time and space to research. “It’s not mandated for school so we’re going to hold off with that one now.” Say it with conviction like there is no changing your mind about it. Don’t sound hesitant. This is your child’s body. You get to decide what goes in it, not the doctor-without feeling the least bit guilty. If he tries to talk to you about it you can say I know. I’m thinking about it. But we’re not going to get it just yet. We’ll just do the booster for today. Rinse and repeat.

Yes I already got him just the booster and held off on the menB one. I have time to decide. The drs office allowed just the one, I said I'll schedule the next one for another time. (I have no issue saying I won't give it if that's what I decide. I said the same for hpv and covid vaccines and no one forced me)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 11:53 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
Detox support are things that open the detox pathways like magnesium, Epsom salt, glutathione, methylated b vitamins, melatonin, and antioxidants like whole food c, vitamin e, fish oil. Liver support like castor oil packs, milk thistle, liver life or liver lover from bioray are a good idea. Silica like biosil or Fiji water is good for mopping up aluminum. Ledum palsutre is a good homeopathic remedy in such a situation.

Be careful with immune support, you do NOT want to boost the immune system after vaccines. Also, avoid chlorine and tylenol.

Next child up for a vaccine. Do I want to give Zinc and Vitamin D too or are those considered immune boosting? Also, what is whole food c? is that actual food? like an orange, or is that a supplement?

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 11:56 pm
Why are you giving the vaccine if you want to detox anyway?

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 1:34 am
The only meningitis vaccine currently offered in israel is menb, because its a very violent type of men. Here it is recommended to give it from 2 months old.
Because its not in the sal briut (ie it costs money and requires a trip to the dr), a lot dont give it, its not yet a routine vaccine, and for monetary reasons probably wont be for a long while yet.
Lots of pediatricians are very in favour of this vaccine, some not so much. Personally my kids dr doesnt see a reason to give it - they say there has been no rise in cases of menb that neccessitate it on a large scale. Each person needs to decide for themselves I think

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 1:37 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
The only meningitis vaccine currently offered in israel is menb, because its a very violent type of men. Here it is recommended to give it from 2 months old.
Because its not in the sal briut (ie it costs money and requires a trip to the dr), a lot dont give it, its not yet a routine vaccine, and for monetary reasons probably wont be for a long while yet.
Lots of pediatricians are very in favour of this vaccine, some not so much. Personally my kids dr doesnt see a reason to give it - they say there has been no rise in cases of menb that neccessitate it on a large scale. Each person needs to decide for themselves I think

I actually don't think this reason is correct. I think that meningitis vaccine is offered there bec that's the strain of meningitis most commonly found in Israel whereas in the US diff strains are found here which is why they give diff meningitis vaccines here. I googled it a while back and I believe that was the info I discovered Does anyone else have info?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 1:39 am
amother Brickred wrote:
Why are you giving the vaccine if you want to detox anyway?

Detox the vaccine is to get rid of any toxins, not to get rid of the antibodies. Why is wanting to detox a contradiction?

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 1:40 am
I mean the truth of it really boils down to money and what the state is willing to subsidize.
Its not like menb is virulent in israel, check out the percentage per population

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 1:41 am
Whole food c is a supplement from food if I understood correctly
A pro vaccine dr said to rather give in the summer
I thought because of vitamin d?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics