Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Wash machine stopping mid cycle and not draning/spinning

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:21 am
By some other loads
Just rewashed a load for the 3rd time, bec it stopped once and didn’t drain/spin properly the second time.
Had this a couple of times over the last few weeks (the stopping and or not draining), but both times I thought it was because the load wasn’t balanced well- one was a very full towel load and the other was also a heavy load with large fuzzy blankets etc.

any ideas? don’t want this to break, but don’t think I can get a repairman now to look at this...

For reference- It’s an Electrolux front loader- only about 3 1/2 years old, with bh keh no issues till now...

Eta, actually washing it the 4th time, because I didn’t know where it was upto I did a quick 15 minute cycle and even though I did a soak cycle before, I decided it wasn’t washed well enough+ it still smelled to much like oxi, so figured it must’ve stopped too early in the cycle so hoping it’s washing properly now...
And also besides the towel and blanket loads, this did happen with other loads here and there too, though bh not every load.

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:24 am
The one now, is it a regular clothing load?

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:24 am
There’s probably something in the drum that’s not letting it drain properly. I wouldn’t diy this.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:29 am
amother Chicory wrote:
The one now, is it a regular clothing load?

Yes, my white load I run every week with dh underwear and shirts.

sk_613

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:30 am
Have you tried cleaning out the filter? There should be a small piece on the front towards the floor that comes off. Water will probably come out when you open it just heads up. Could be a sock or coin or something clogging it.
https://youtu.be/EPqS2LBDXeI?s.....Xu8kL

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:32 am
amother Poinsettia wrote:
There’s probably something in the drum that’s not letting it drain properly. I wouldn’t diy this.

Hmm
But I guess that makes sense. Why would it just turn off then?
What happens is also, since it’s stopping mid cycle- which I have no idea where! Is that the machine gets locked and then Bh once I restarted I was able to unlock it, but scared every time it happens because with my old machine I had a load stuxk and we had to wait days for a repairman to come and release the laundry.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:33 am
sk_613 wrote:
Have you tried cleaning out the filter? There should be a small piece on the front towards the floor that comes off. Water will probably come out when you open it just heads up. Could be a sock or coin or something clogging it.
https://youtu.be/EPqS2LBDXeI?s.....Xu8kL

Not sure what you mean, but I’ll check tomorrow iy’H.

Thank you all for helping me troubleshoot!

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:39 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes, my white load I run every week with dh underwear and shirts.

(So it's not what I had a few times with bulky items like pillows and comforters. I've since figured out that if I wet the items first - run a rinse only load - it doesn't happen.)

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 2:29 am
Your washing machine should have a manual that will explain you how to empty the water and then unscrew the filter and clean it out. Usually there are coins, bobby pins, things like that blocking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry