Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
NYC shopping regular and maternity

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 12:59 pm
DH and I are taking the train to NYC on Sunday. DH has a conference and why I need yo go with him is beyond me, but that's a whole other topic. So what to do for 6 hours while he is at his conference. I keep seeing ads for Miss Finch so I want to hit there- any other suggestions. Is clothing cheaper in Brooklyn? My sister may meet up with me and her DIL needs maternity- are there maternity shops in NYC? I know thwt sounds really out of towny of me.. : ). Are there any must do activities happening or exhibits? Or should I take a train to Brooklyn.

scintilla

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 1:01 pm
I could be wrong but I think the Miss Finch in Manhattan is actually their wholesale location. I don't really know of any frum clothing stores in Manhattan, Flatbush and Boro Park have the best options for women's and maternity!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 1:22 pm
How far of a train ride is BP from NYC?
Can you tell me some stores that has dresses or shabbat clothing under $100

scintilla

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 1:26 pm
Depends on where in NYC, but 30-60 minutes usually.

I'm not a big shopper sorry!! I think Hindy's maternity sale rack would be the best bet for maternity, maybe Clover for under $100? Really not sure maybe change the thread title to that question.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 1:28 pm
What street is the conference on ? (I live and work in Manhattan. I never heard of the store your referring to )

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 2:03 pm
amother Natural wrote:
What street is the conference on ? (I live and work in Manhattan. I never heard of the store your referring to )

Manhattan is huge, it can take more than an hour to get through parts of it so if you give neighborhood I can try to assist

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 4:22 pm
This is the address
Miss Finch NYC
Address: 141 W 36th St., New York, NY 10018
Phone: (212) 216-0017
I called they said they are open on Sunday.
DH conference is at YU, but we are going to hop off the train and real late and stay in midtown.

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 5:03 pm
There's some great non jewish shopping in that neighborhood.
Cos is great for maternity shopping, they are a regular sized clothing store but have many options with maternity styles. They are a European brand, not so cheap but nice things. COS, 505 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017
Zara is right nearby too, dunno if that is interesting for you though.
Macy's Herald Square, the largest Macy's in the world is right there as well, they have a large selection of items.
Nothing really frum in the neighborhood though.
There are some more designer stores nearby too, you can look online to see if anything is interesting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics