Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Would be upset your sister made a big party and you didnt ma
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 9:33 pm
Op, I think it's beautiful that you're being sensitive to your niece's possible feelings. I just want to validate and also applaud that. I think it's important to ask yourself how your actions may affect others.

Once the question is asked, I think in this case the answer is that everyone has their own lot in life and your niece will be fine.

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 9:42 pm
dena613 wrote:
Your sister understands that this is huge for you because it's your oldest after a 6 year wait.

Perhaps in the future though, you can tone down the birthday parties to just party hats, pizza, cupcakes (no balloons and junk), and/or once your kids are school age just give out something in school and do the party just for you and your dh and your kids.

No. Everyone can do whatever they want to. And your niece can learn that not everything in life is even. And her family doesn't do parties. Not the end of the world.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette