Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
6 yr old boy scared every night - what do I do?

LO

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 10:18 am
Hi all! My 6 yr old son started being scared to sleep in his bed at night. It started a few weeks ago, when we had all those rain storms and it was very windy and noisy at night. So it's not nightmares most of the time, rrather he wakes up and hears noises and they scare him. Also thinks about robbers, etc., all the typical little kid stuff. Now he hears about Israel (can't avoid it, in school, etc), and it scares him as well. He ends up coming into my bed every night. I can talk to him about it before bed but of course he has no recollection about it in the middle of the night. How do I help him work on it while still being supportive?

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 10:25 am
Following. I have exact same thing with my 6 year old

teachkids

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 11:45 am
What works for my 4 year old is we have the uncle Moishy hamalach about Hashem watching over you on a speaker so she can listen to it on repeat till she falls asleep

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 11:46 am
my 6 yr old is afraid when he goes to sleep so I sit with him every night. I told him Hashem always watches and that I check on him a few times a night. he likes that.

it's a hard thing to be afraid during the night, in the dark. it'll pass. be there for him.

LO

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 11:58 am
The falling asleep in the evening isn't a problem, I stay with him for that and he is ok. Even if I walk out, he hears the noises of the people in the house and it calms him. It's at night that's the problem....

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 12:10 pm
Bach flower remedies

LO

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 12:28 pm
How would you use those?

LO

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 6:32 pm
Bumping up for other suggestions, please! Smile Thanks in advance!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children