Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
YSV monsey

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:27 pm
I heard it's very hard to get into. Is this true? What are their requirements? does the family have to be yeshivish to get in, or alumnis kids?

InnerPrincess

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:27 pm
True true true.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:30 pm
It's hard to get in. It's a mix of all types.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:31 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
It's hard to get in. It's a mix of all types.

So what gives people "pull" to get in?

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
I heard it's very hard to get into. Is this true? What are their requirements? does the family have to be yeshivish to get in, or alumnis kids?

Its hard to get in because there are so many new families in monsey and not enough schools.
And a lot of people want to go to ysv.
Great school, you definitely do not need to be yeshivish to get in. Theyre a mix of yeshivish, light yeshivish, just plain frum. Very nice crowd.

wabcs

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:40 pm
It really depends on the grade in terms of space.

Highstrung

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:44 pm
I’m not sure if you are referring to the boys or girls school, but it is known it’s hard to get in. But I’m a big believer in trying regardless. And I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my child was accepted , we are heimish/Chasidish, had zero pull , and I’m not alumnis .
I was sure we would not be accepted . The Menahel at the interview told us there were 18 slots and 75 applicants all other slots were taken up by siblings of kids already in school. And we were one of the lucky 18. In the end I told them to give it to someone else since my daughter was accepted elsewhere and I had already reserved her place there .

So, you never ever know. My DH wears a shtreimel, we have no money , no yichus, don’t fit into any box , and didn’t have pull. But we did hishtadlus, applied to a few schools and they were one of the schools that granted an interview and eventually accepted . My daughter started kindergarten last year .

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 4:53 am
Anyone know if the school is trying to go more to the right now? Is it changing at all with the. We leadership?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics