Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Why do clothing stores close at 6 PM at the height of the

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:21 am
Shopping season?
Talking about Monsey.
Uniform stores, clothing stores. Can’t you give us at least until 7-7:30 these few hectic weeks? Some of us work, some of us don’t drive, some of us have different ages and genders. Would be so much easier if you give us that extra hour. 6 o’clock is so early in the day. Anyone else with me?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:22 am
Why do they open so late? I would not rather be able to take my son to school today at 9:00 and go straight to the store except I'm stuck until 11:00 because nobody opens....

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:34 am
Because the store is doing you the favor of existing.

bsy

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:55 am
Because they are making enough money with the hours they are open. If one store makes more convenient hours and people vote with their feet, more stores might follow suit.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:58 am
Stores in Monsey close very early. It's so annoying.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 1:11 pm
Because it is so so hard getting workers to work till 6… let alone later….

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 2:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Shopping season?
Talking about Monsey.
Uniform stores, clothing stores. Can’t you give us at least until 7-7:30 these few hectic weeks? Some of us work, some of us don’t drive, some of us have different ages and genders. Would be so much easier if you give us that extra hour. 6 o’clock is so early in the day. Anyone else with me?
Because the workers in the store also want to go home. 6pm is already dinner time. And if you cant drive, what does that have to do with the stores open hours?

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:03 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Because the workers in the store also want to go home. 6pm is already dinner time. And if you cant drive, what does that have to do with the stores open hours?

I'm sure so do the people working in grocery stores, restaurants, pharmacies, and tons of other places. So what? The world doesn't shut down at dinner time. Except frum stores with princess hours.

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:04 pm
Feel free to offer to work in one of those stores for those hours and I'm sure they will hire you and keep their store open then

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:18 pm
Usually closer to Yom tov time, they do have later hours.
Kidichic closes as 7 AFAIK.
The hosiery store and children store in Rockland kosher now have later hours I think twice a week (check the monsey views...), I think until 930...

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:19 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
I'm sure so do the people working in grocery stores, restaurants, pharmacies, and tons of other places. So what? The world doesn't shut down at dinner time. Except frum stores with princess hours.

Princess hours? Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
If thats what you think...

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 7:49 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:

I’ve never seen frum women work past 6 at any of these places you meantioned… clothing stores tend to have frum women as sales ppl

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 12:43 am
Because if you accommodate them, they don’t need to accommodate you.

My CVS pharmacy used to be open 8-8. The company changed their hours because they don’t want to pay the pharmacists. They are now open 9-7 and are closed 1-2 for lunch. The pharmacists are not thrilled as they get paid fewer hours and the customers are not happy because they have less availability to get what they need, but we all frequent CVS as they ran the 2 mom and pop pharmacies out of business, so what choice do we have. The company makes the same income with less expense, the pharmacists have to accomplish the same work but get paid fewer hours, and the customers wait on line longer and have to rearrange their schedules to get what they need. If they had competitors with longer hours and they lost business they would have better hours, but they have no competition and therefore no need to accommodate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries