Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Short encounter w/ Missionaries in Baltimore

amother

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 2:12 pm
On Shabbos, my dh and I were crossing Park Heights Avenue at Labyrinth and there were two men walking on PH toward us. One had a short beard and a tan-colored hat, the other had a very close-cut beard and we couldn't tell, but thought he had a yarmulke on.
Anyway, when they get close to us they said "shabbat shalom" my dh and I responed, "Good Shabbos" as we continued on our way. The guy in the hat says to us, "Do you believe that your sins were atoned for on Yom Keepoor (you know, how the secular pronounce it?)? Well, do you want to know what the Tanak says about it? (said sarcastically)" We just continued walking across PH and my dh yelled back "Hey, you are talking to the WRONG person!" They continued walking down PH (toward Clarks).

We were in shock!!! Do you know how many Jews are walking on PH on Shabbos?!?! Well, B"H most of them are frum and would tell these guys off like we did, but what about kids?!?

My dh told me that these guys are considered Reshaim!! He was wondering if he should go back and beat them up (I just laughed, cuz there's no way he could/would have). And anyways, beating them up would not have stopped them.

*Amother cuz I don't want all of you to know that I live in Baltimore!*

amother

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 2:24 pm
I forgot to mention that they also tried to hand us a book or pamphlet, but we wouldn't touch it.

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 5:29 pm
Quote:
forgot to mention that they also tried to hand us a book or pamphlet, but we wouldn't touch it.

On shabbos well ofcourse not Exclamation
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics