Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Help with getting my daughter's ears pierced

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 8:04 am
Any advice? Haven't done this before. She'll be eight years old.

I'm getting local advice on where to go. But do I buy the earrings before we go? If so, what type of earrings should I get? Looking for as inexpensive as possible, but also safe and not so likely for her to react to them, of course.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 8:05 am
Whoever does the piercing will give you choices of earrings to buy. They are included in the price.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 7:47 pm
Any tips for aftercare? How to make sure they don't get infected? How to prepare her beforehand?

marriedlady

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 7:58 pm
Get emla cream for before to numb her earlobes on both sides around an hour before and reapply 30 min before - they will tell you how to avoid infection after using most likely alcohol gel or liquid and spinning earing once a day

perquacky

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 8:00 pm
Wherever you plan to get them pierced, they should explain how to care for her ears.
My dd was nine when she got her ears pierced at Claire's. She was very nervous but really wanted to get it done that day. I asked if she could have both ears pierced at once so she wouldn't panic after getting one done and then not want to go through with the second ear.
So that's what they did. Best decision ever.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 8:28 pm
Only do the piercing if she really really wants and is asking for it.

My girls got ears pierced both ears at same time with a piercing gun. There were a few options of earrings to shoot in.
It hurt for a few seconds.

They gave a liquid to put on twice a day for six werks, press earring in and out and twirl

They warned not to touch ear without washing with soap during that time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children