Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Daily schedule

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 4:13 am
Can you share what your schedule is every evening?
I'm having a hard time taking care of kids, doing their homework, feeding supper, giving baths etc and also taking care of other things. Any tips?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 4:31 am
amother OP wrote:
Can you share what your schedule is every evening?
I'm having a hard time taking care of kids, doing their homework, feeding supper, giving baths etc and also taking care of other things. Any tips?

Tip: Don’t give baths every single night.

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 4:33 am
I’m out of the house 11:30-4:30 and no cleaning help

6:40-8:30 wake up get kids out
8:30-11:30 daven breakfast and lunch prep cleanup
Prep supper
Prep some work
Clean bathrooms/laundry
Paperwork/bills
4:30-10:30 finish supper prep serve it clean it up. Spend time with my kids. Homework. Baths bed
Any other household work that needs to be done plus work prep

I’m drowning feels like I’m running a marathon bh!

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:13 am
6:30-8:15 wake up/get myself dressed, kids dressed breakfast etc. Get everyone to leave including myself. Then leave with 3 kids. DH takes oldest for minyan earlier. He comes home and is with toddler.

8:20 Leave drop off two kids at one school, one at a different and myself to work.

Work until 5.

Leave at 5 if I have no stops to make I come home start on dinner. Some nights just need to warm it up others cook something I prepped already and left raw. Try to eat by 6 or 6:30. Then homework, shower for some, clean up dinner.

I front load a lot of cleaning on motzei shabbos/sunday so I have less to do during the week.

Bedtime starts around 7:30 and different kids go in at different times ending around 10.

My goal is by 9:30 to have 4/5 kids asleep ( my almost 13 year old gets a little more time) and I am usually off duty. Other then sitting in bed folding laundry I am done for the night.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:28 am
I come home at 3 with 2 kids (baby and toddler). First we hang up and empty backpacks, cut up a fruit and give a snack. While they eat I finish prepping supper, put it in the oven... after that we either play toys, play outside or they help me with laundry/housework.
4:45 my 4 school ages kids come barging through the door - supper is on the table and we sit and eat and decompress right away. Supper is a LONG time and where we sit as a family and shmooze and eat (hub eats later) by the time supper is over everyone is calm and happy, clear up supper and homework right away. My school ages kids are responsible for their own HW I sit by the table and help each of them, Kriah, math, testing for spelling.. but its THEIR responsibility to bring it to me and put it away.
I start baths at 6:45'ish while my bigger kids play/read/hang with friends. 7:15 my baby goes in and I read my toddler a book and put him in. 730 the next one goes in with a book. Then I read with my 8 yr old and put her in. By 815 I sit and eat supper with my husband (he comes home at 8 but has to wait for supper so we can have quiet time Smile )
My 2 bigger ones (9 & 11) have to be in bed by 9:15 so they choose when to go in the shower and all. I come tuck them in at 9:15.
The rest of the night I do housework/laundry and prep supper for tomorrow.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:30 am
Wake up 6:30, get myself ready and leave at 7:15.
School pickup 3:30. Home by 3:45 (other kids arrive by bus at this time)
Give kids snack, do homework, make dinner from 4-6.
Eat dinner at 6.
Give baths at 6:45
Bedtime #1 at 7/7:15
Clean up kitchen
Bedtime #2 8pm
Fold laundry
Finish work
Tidy up as necessary
Prep clothes for kids
Chill time
Shower and bed at 11pm

I do some things to make my life easier:
Shopping in store only on Sundays
Errands only on sundays
Online grocery deliveries
Aim to get laundry done by Wednesday (so I can focus on shabbos Thursday/friday)
Prep some dinners on Sundays for easy defrost/warm up
Prep my lunches for the week on Sunday night so I can get out quicker in the mornings
Basically never go out at night Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics