Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
1 year after period

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 12:42 pm
dd 15 got her first period a year ago but hasnt grown at all in this year. up until now she grew every year.

is she done?

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 12:53 pm
I don't know if it has anything to do with her period but I would guess a lot of girls are done growing by 14/15. I got my period when I was 12 and had a huge growth spurt when I was 14. But that was it. I haven't grown since then

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 12:56 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
I don't know if it has anything to do with her period but I would guess a lot of girls are done growing by 14/15. I got my period when I was 12 and had a huge growth spurt when I was 14. But that was it. I haven't grown since then

interesting. but were you still growing slowly up until that big growth spurt? did you have any growth spurts before that?

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 1:05 pm
Yes, probably.

It's normal to stop growing about 1 year after period onset.

15 is later, so at least she had a long time to grow.

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 1:17 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
Yes, probably.

It's normal to stop growing about 1 year after period onset.

15 is later, so at least she had a long time to grow.

I feel like people say that because it used to be average to get your period when you were 12 or 13. So you grew one to two years after which was until you were 14 or so.
Nowadays for some reason it's quite normal for a girl to get it at 10 or 11 even.
My daughter got hers when she was just 11 and she's 15 and she was still growing this summer.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 1:25 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
I feel like people say that because it used to be average to get your period when you were 12 or 13. So you grew one to two years after which was until you were 14 or so.
Nowadays for some reason it's quite normal for a girl to get it at 10 or 11 even.
My daughter got hers when she was just 11 and she's 15 and she was still growing this summer.

right. I agree. I am just wondering if growth has to be continuous to be growing still at 15. if she stopped at 14 and a year of no growth is that it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics