Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Back from florida, and in awe

AweSumThenSum

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 7:58 am
hi gals!! I just got back from florida and I am still in awe over the jewish activities in boca raton and west palm beach. I am not lubavitch so I am not really familiar with shlichus and all that it entails, but I can tell u that there must b a special place in gan eden for these yidden who sacrifice so much, so that they can spread yiddishkeit. thanks to chabad, my husband had minyan every morning and evening, and as a result of having full time shuls, the neighborhoods had kosher restaurants and a beautiful new kosher supermarket. it almost felt like home!! if a/o here is from west palm beach or boca raton, ull know what im talking about. and if a/o here ever visited those areas, ull appreciate what im saying too. oh, and did I mention that the people there were friendly to the max???????? then again, new yorkers are known to b "not the friendliest" so I guess anywhere I wouldve gone wouldve been different than brooklyn.

Tefila

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 8:30 am
Do u sell real estate as your hobby? 8) Sounds like u want us to move there Smile
Anyway nice to c u posting again. Missed you

Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 9:07 am
very interesting Awe, and welcome back!

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 9:32 am
hi Awesum- I spent two months in Florida working for the shluchim there, but not in your area- in Hollywood/ Hallandale. but I visited other Chabad Houses around there, and met the Gan Yisroel Camps (12+ camps!) and it is very impressive! I loved every minute of it and I would go back to visit anytime.

AweSumThenSum

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 10:37 am
ha!! I dont sell real estate, but I do like to promote the concept of mi k'amchah yisroel.

BlumaG

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 11:46 am
we were in florida just last wk for 10 days, in the North Miami Beach area, we had a v nice time and the ppl we visited were so firendly and warm, its wiered when I was a kid the thuoght of going to florida was the beach etc, this time we were so impressed that I would seriously consdier moving there.

AweSumThenSum

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 12:25 pm
north miami beach is nice. I have a friend who moved there from brooklyn. however, the challenges of being frum in north miami beach are basically non existent. boca raton and west palm beach present unique challenges and I was very impressed with the unflagging efforts of the chabad centers to work w/ what they've got. I hope that by the next time we'll visit, there will b marked improvement (and maybe the restaurants will stay open past 9 o'clock !!!!)

BlumaG

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 1:14 pm
I'm from detroit n the restaurants close here between 8-10 so no diff to me Smile
but I do have cuzins on shlichus in boca, nice place, I visited there a f ew yrsaa go b4 it was bigger in yiddishkeit

chevymum

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 8:34 pm
I live very close to Boca Raton and know the Kosher Market you are talking off.... or at least the one I think you are talking off Very Happy
It has been open since around Pesach but it is very nice. The restaurants don't stay open after 9pm because Palm Beach is mostly retired Yids from Up North.
Miami has much more on offer .... I am hoping it spreads northwards into Ft.Lauderdale and Boca

Glad you enjoyed the trip and you missed the hurricane.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics