Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Why "mama" rochel?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:31 am
why did rochel earn the name "mama"?

I want to daven "mama" but how is she my mother? cos bezchus her is the geulah?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:32 am
You don’t have to think to her as mama it’s not required

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:33 am
amother Linen wrote:
You don’t have to think to her as mama it’s not required

I want to awaken the "mama" she should daven for us but ?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:34 am
https://www.chabad.org/theJewi.....r.htm

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:35 am
She’s one of the imahos so she’s our mother

Also the middah of keeping quiet, which Esther hamalka used to save all the Jews in the Purim story, was her middah so she’s our spiritual mother as well.

peace2

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:47 am
Rochel was supposed to be Yaakov's main wife, but gave it up for Leah but we still view her as the akeres habayis of Yaakov's home and therefore the mother of all of us
Also, because she interceded on our behalf when we were going out to golus, she became our spiritual mother who we turn to in times of need

smss

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:06 am
Rochel IMEINU.

b.chadash

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:16 am
The midresh talks about the time during galus Bavel, as the Jews were being taken to exile, Avraham came to Hashem and asked Him to return Klal Yisroel as a reward for his being willing to sacrifice his son, and having been tested 10 times. Hashem said no. Yitzchak then approached and asked if his zechus of being willing to sacrifice himself, and even stretching our his neck for his father is enough to redeem the captives. Hashem said no.
Yaakov and Moshe approached, each one begging Hashem to use their actions as a zechus to redeem the Jews.
Finally, Rachel Imeinu said- "I was supposed to marry Yaakov the tzaddik, but I willingly gave up my spot to my sister, just so as not to embarrass her. I wasn't jealous of her. And you Hashem, are jealous of wood and stones (the idols) that B"Y were serving?"

Hashem then says to Rachel Imeinu: You can stop crying and dry your tears, because in your zechus, I will redeem your children and return them to their borders, for there is reward to your actions. "

She is our mother. It is her zechus, more than anyone elses, that "forced Hashem's Hand" (kaviachol) to redeem the Jewish captives. We continue to daven to Hashem to remember her sacrifice and bring us Home again.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:20 am
thanks everyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational