Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Jewish Students Barricaded in School Library

Cheiny

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:19 am
…in fear of anti Israel, anti semitic protesters.

When is this harassment going to be taken seriously? How are protests, during college time, okay with colleges? Every student at these protests should be warned if they miss one more moment of class in favor of engaging in anti semitic protests, will flunk their classes (although I suspect they won’t really care, and most of the protesters are paid agitators).

NYC college's Jewish students seen locked inside library as anti-Israel protest moves through building
Pro-Palestinian protests at Cooper Union seen on video as some students hide

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc.....lding

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:24 am
Every university is having some hate stuff going on. Yet the world is silent. Only hashem can really protect us

Queen Of Hearts

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:26 am
Don't trust your lying eyes!
Muslims are the ones at risk of violence and Islamophobia according to KJP.

hodeez

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:37 am
The Jews were even offered to hide in the attic! Terrifying. My husband and I love taking walks around and through Brooklyn college, but now there's no way I'm stepping foot on campus. Stupid Hamas taking everything away from us.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:41 am
As far as I know the medicine for anti semitism aka galus is learning Torah and fulfilling all the mitzvos

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 1:39 pm
hodeez wrote:
The Jews were even offered to hide in the attic! Terrifying. My husband and I love taking walks around and through Brooklyn college, but now there's no way I'm stepping foot on campus. Stupid Hamas taking everything away from us.

Brooklyn college is 💯 safe. If they allow you on campus you should still go for walks.

missknowitall

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 1:45 pm
There is no where that is 100% safe for any Jew right now.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 2:00 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
Don't trust your lying eyes!
Muslims are the ones at risk of violence and Islamophobia according to KJP.

And Biden himself said yesterday during his (pre-written) press conference that Jewish settlers have been engaging in tremendous violence against innocent palis and he demands it stop! That’s what he had to say yesterday… and nothing much about Israeli victims.

He has dropped his fake, pc claims of love of Israel and his support for them. Any support being supplied by the US is not because of Biden, it’s because of the entire US govt knowing we must supply our ally with help at this time.

Let’s not forget Biden has been steadily funding Iran, fighting to try to get Iran to please accept our billions in exchange for once again coming back to the nefarious Iran deal that obama y”s brought us and Trump rightfully ended… which allowed Iran to quietly continue building nukes (they refused to allow inspectors in, and even that was fine with the dems) while we kept stuffing them with cash while they kept up their phony lies that they were behaving and not building nukes…

Biden has blood on his hands.

Last edited by Cheiny on Thu, Oct 26 2023, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 2:04 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Brooklyn college is 💯 safe. If they allow you on campus you should still go for walks.

Really. I wonder how you can make such a presumptuous claim or deem yourself capable of being able to give such a guarantee.

Any Jew who gets in middle of those anti Israel, anti semitic protests is putting themselves at risk. To think otherwise, much less feel “💯 safe,” is beyond naive.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 2:04 pm
missknowitall wrote:

Correct and anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly very naive or clueless.

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 2:07 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
As far as I know the medicine for anti semitism aka galus is learning Torah and fulfilling all the mitzvos

Do you mean spiritually safe or physically safe? Plenty of people who learn Torah and do mitzvos have been massacred throughout history.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 2:56 pm
missknowitall wrote:

Perhaps. But Bklyn college is fine. Enjoy your walk ..

Sprinkles1

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 3:03 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Perhaps. But Bklyn college is fine. Enjoy your walk ..

Why do you think this could happen in one college and not in any other?

groisamomma

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 3:06 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Interesting statement.

I have a friend that works there. Not as a professor, but in another capacity which puts her in contact with students daily. Several students asked her if it's true that she's Jewish. Many faculty members are blatantly anti-semitic. The atmosphere is toxic now.

She posted that if she didn't need the money she would never go to work.

octopus

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 3:07 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Where do you come off saying this? Brooklyn college excused their Jewish students when they had protests because they couldn't guarantee protection. Luckily an abysmal amount of people showed up, but, no, they cannot guarantee safety.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 3:11 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Not really. I disagree

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 3:18 pm
octopus wrote:
Where do you come off saying this? Brooklyn college excused their Jewish students when they had protests because they couldn't guarantee protection. Luckily an abysmal amount of people showed up, but, no, they cannot guarantee safety.

I can't give personal information but I am involved with several groups on campus. That's how I come off saying this..my personal knowledge.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics