Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Chemical free, Raw-egg free Chocolate Mousse

Toot

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 10:37 pm
Dairyless Chocolate Mousse - from Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson
1/2 cup chocolate soy milk
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
12 oz. silken soft tofu
1/4 cup amaretto (almond liqueur)
1/4 tsp almond extract
Salt

Pour the milk into a small saucepan and slowly bring to a simmer. Remove it from the heat and set aside to let cool a bit.

Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally, in a double boiler (you can cobble together a makeshift one by placing a metal or sturdy glass bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water).

Add the warm soy milk and silken tofu to the melted chocolate chips. Puree with a hand blender or fod processor and process until silky smooth. Stir in the amaretto, almond extract, and a generous pinch of salt. Taste and adjust the flavoring, adding a bit more extract if needed.

Chill in a large serving bowl or individual bowls for at least 1 1/2 hours - the longer the better. The mousse will set up nicely as it cools.

I made this for shabbos and it was amazing!! It did not taste at all like soy or tofu, the consistency was perfect, and there are no raw eggs or chemicals from non dairy creamer or topping. I didn't have almond extract so I just left it out. It tasted very strongly of amaretto so you could probably decrease that amount too. It would be fantastic in other flavors too - add some mint extract, or chocolate liqueur, or kahlua*. Enjoy!

*If you have trouble finding kosher kahlua, please PM elf123, Tehilla, cookielady, Clarissa or myself. We will see what we can do.

Strudel

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 10:55 pm
Thanks MorahS, I was going to post asking if anyone had an egg free choc mousse. Can't wait to make it.

Toot

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:08 pm
Enjoy, I loved it. Let us know how it comes out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics