Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Paying to make Challah as a zechus for me

cindyh

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 1:43 pm
Unfortunately I've been given a very challenging life. Each time I overcome one struggle a new bigger one comes my way. A big gadol suggested I take challah every week- and give it to those in need, as a zechus. I tried but it is too hard for me. He suggested now that I pay someone that does it to do it on my behalf. I'm looking for someone who might work for an organization, or on her own distributes challah every week to those in need.... Or if anyone has any leads to someone that can help me. Thank you!

Grateful2bhere

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 2:03 pm
First of all, hatzlacha raba in all the ways you're needing, may you see yeshuos & may Hashem fulfill all of your hearts desires.

I have no idea how to contact her, or how active she currently is with this mitzvah, but maybe you could at least try reaching out to Mrs. Nava Ben Moshe to inquire?

Rabbi Nachman Seltzer wrote A Tiny Taste of Heaven, Amazing Stories about the Power of Hafrashas Challah, (published in 2020) which is about her initiatives in this specific area

Last edited by Grateful2bhere on Sun, Oct 29 2023, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

cindyh

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 2:05 pm
Thank you! I'll try to do research on her.... sounds beautiful. Anyone else?

Lemonade 2323

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 2:08 pm
I live in the UK. I am happy to be paid to take challa & give it to a family in need.
If u like me to do this I will give u an email address. Please post here if required.

I'm not part of an organisation, just a lady who's happy to do this.

Lemonade 2323

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 2:09 pm
MomfromUK wrote:
I live in the UK. I am happy to be paid to take challa & give it to a family in need.
If u'd like me to do this I will give u an email address. Please post here if required.

I'm not part of an organisation, just a lady who's happy to do this.

Bunch of Tulips

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 2:10 pm
Feel free to reach out to me. I do this with special needs adults .

cbg

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 2:13 pm
If I’m not mistaken Chai Lifeline might do this
Years ago my daughter signed up to deliver when she was in highschool

iamamotha

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 2:54 pm
Maybe try reaching out to Mrs . Suri Jaroslwitz she hosts challah bakes I think she lives in boro park or Williamsburg maybe someone has her phone number or I can try to get it if you want

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 3:04 pm
Call Mrs devora heller. She’s known as the challah lady. She prepares the dough and you can make the brocha.
She’s really nice and helpful. You will feel comfortable speaking to her.

kb

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 3:30 pm
Maybe reach out to a local bakery and/tomchei shabbos and see if you can work together to sponsor something?

If it's local you can even go and make the bracha yourself.

Princess23

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 3:32 pm
If I lived in a normal frum community, challah would be a mitzvah I’d love to take on. Iyh soon one day.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 4:09 pm
Contact Frumie Horowitz from bein ish.
She gives challah and a whole shabbos package every erev shabbos to families in medical crisis.
(347) 743-4872

Hope you see your yeshua/s really quick!

daagahminayin

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 4:15 pm
We host meals for non-frum college students most weeks during the semester. If that counts as in need, you are most welcome to message me on a Friday morning and as long as I’m making it, I can take challah with you in mind!

I sincerely hope that things get better for you and you experience many many yeshuos in all areas of your life.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 5:31 pm
Princess23 wrote:
If I lived in a normal frum community, challah would be a mitzvah I’d love to take on. Iyh soon one day.

Do you buy challah every week?
I was under the impression that out of town communities don’t always have bakeries and women need to bake their own challah.
Where I live there are many bakeries in town but many women bake their own challah.

Happykind

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 6:21 pm
I make challa almost every week. I can and will gladly take challa for you free of charge! Pm me. With pleasure!

May your life improve very soon!

Also, if anyone wants devorah hellers number (646) 404-1739. She lives in boro park and sells dough ( all ready for u to pick up, make ur own Brocha and braid). She also gives challa vlasses and answers any challa related questions.

dena613

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 6:40 pm
Can we shout it from the rooftops-
MI KEAMCHA YISRAEL!!!!

And OP, may you see yeshuos very soon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics