Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Therapy

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 10:21 am
Are there any organizations that can help with therapy costs for an adult?
I haven't done well with any through insurance, I finally found someone that is helping me but I can't afford these exorbitant prices.

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 10:30 am
Maybe you can get a SCA (single case agreement) from your insurance.

It’s basically an agreement that they will pay your therapy costs even though the therapist is out of network.
It’s a process though. You have to prove that you need to see them specifically and no other in network therapist can work for you.
You also have to convince them that by them paying for therpay they are likely saving on bigger bills.
And of course your therapist has to be on board. They will likely have to speak with your insurance, fill out forms, negotiate their price and provide you with superbills.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 10:51 pm
Not typically.
Solutions to cover therapy include:
1. Keep looking for someone from your insurance.
2. Single case agreement with your insurance. It helps if you can explain why THIS and only this therapist will work. Because they think they have a good enough network.
3. Does this insurance accept any insurance? Can you switch to one she does accept?
4. Sliding scale. Some therapists have a few sliding scale spots, usually at the inconvenient therapy time slots. You can ask her if she will help you out.
5. Clinic.

Good luck. I can't even use my insurance as I have nothing diagnosable. I am dealing with a specific type of long term crisis and it doesn't fit any diagnosis.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 10:58 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:

Good luck. I can't even use my insurance as I have nothing diagnosable. I am dealing with a specific type of long term crisis and it doesn't fit any diagnosis.

That’s very odd. A therapist can always think of a diagnosis for billing purposes.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 11:03 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
Maybe you can get a SCA (single case agreement) from your insurance.

It’s basically an agreement that they will pay your therapy costs even though the therapist is out of network.
It’s a process though. You have to prove that you need to see them specifically and no other in network therapist can work for you.
You also have to convince them that by them paying for therpay they are likely saving on bigger bills.
And of course your therapist has to be on board. They will likely have to speak with your insurance, fill out forms, negotiate their price and provide you with superbills.

Advanced advocacy got insurance to approve us

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 11:12 pm
amother Black wrote:
That’s very odd. A therapist can always think of a diagnosis for billing purposes.

Usually, anything can go under anxiety or adjustment disorder. Generalized Anxiety Disorder is a good enough diagnosis for insurance to pay for sessions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics