Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Does your Bosch Dishwasher light or beep when you open it?

noidea

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 4:53 pm
Looking for dishwasher that does not light up or buzz or beep when you open or close it. Does Bosch do any of these or no? I know I can install outlet timer but would rather not have to.
Thanks

Happykind

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 5:30 pm
I have a Bosch. After it’s done its cycle the first time u open it it beeps. After that it’s does not.

If I run a cycle before shabbos I make sure it’s opened once before shabbos so I can load the dishes without a problem.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 5:41 pm
I don't thinkany of the new dishwashers don't have lights. you have to run everyting and be done before shabbos.

bargainlover

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 5:44 pm
Town appliance gave me directions that my Bosch dishwasher shouldn’t beep or light up when it’s finished the cycle, so I don’t have to remember to shut off before shabbos
I bought it from them, but if you call bosch maybe they can help you?

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 6:07 pm
Unfortunately, the dishwashers you see at appliance stores are not hooked up. Some new dishwashers have a Shabbos mode. You have to read the manual to find out.

Even the salesman at our local frum appliance stored didn't know which new dishwashers are OK — I was hearing about this problem from my kitchen design clients.

The easy solution is a kill switch placed near the front of the adjacent sink cabinet to simply cut power to the dishwasher for Shabbos and YomTov.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 6:08 pm
bargainlover wrote:
Town appliance gave me directions that my Bosch dishwasher shouldn’t beep or light up when it’s finished the cycle, so I don’t have to remember to shut off before shabbos
I bought it from them, but if you call bosch maybe they can help you?

What model # do you have?

bargainlover

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 6:22 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
What model # do you have?

I just looked at the invoice it says 300 series

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 6:45 pm
Interesting... I do not see any reference to a Sabbath mode or kosher friendly mode or anything like that in the care and use manual I found online for the Bosch 300 series. So... how do you set it?

A search on ajmadison turns up the following dishwahers as having a Sabbath mode: https://www.ajmadison.com/c/bu.....ified
Cove dishwashers also have a Sabbath mode (high end, Cove is Wolf).

monseymom25

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 7:28 pm
My Bosch only beeps when I close the door, not when I open it.

bargainlover

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 7:32 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Interesting... I do not see any reference to a Sabbath mode or kosher friendly mode or anything like that in the care and use manual I found online for the Bosch 300 series. So... how do you set it?

A search on ajmadison turns up the following dishwahers as having a Sabbath mode: https://www.ajmadison.com/c/bu.....ified
Cove dishwashers also have a Sabbath mode (high end, Cove is Wolf).

I just checked my email from town with instructions
It says - see owners manual for “auto power off”
So it will shut off automatically after every cycle

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 8:13 pm
And after you set "auto power off," nothing beeps or lights up when you open the door?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars