Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/o lingr thread - would you buy online from john lewis?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 8:03 am
or marks and spencer?

do they sell good stuff?

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 8:16 am
John lewis for sure.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 8:18 am
I wouldn't.
Though im busty and need a good fit

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 8:19 am
Both are easy to return to so yes if I was confident about my sizing there.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 8:23 am
Yes, they stock the good brands, just check what you're buying.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:12 am
I prefer john lewis as they stock all the brands whilst m&s is usually just their own. I used to also like debenhams as well.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:22 am
M&S have some other brands online too.
I'm hard to fit so only buy online what I know fits me but if you're an easy fit why not?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 11:58 am
just changed the spelling of lingerie as it wont let me open...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 11:59 am
anyone else votes for john lewis over others?

dont they usually have a policy that underwear is not returnable?

which brands are the good brands?

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 12:25 pm
I think they let return bras but not knickers but I'm not 100% sure
I like fantasie, freya

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 12:37 pm
I've returned bras before. I know how I fit in the brands I like so I know which sizes to order. I don't know about knickers as I don't usually buy them online.
Depending on what size you are depends on which brands will be best for you. I'm on the larger side and I've been happy with fantasie and curvy kate. Panache and freya are also good but are usually plainer and I like mine to be a little more sxy. I like brands that are designed for larger busts as they actually support and look good.
I would say it might be worth a visit in person to a real store to get a feel of what fits you and which brands work well before you order online. I used to go to either john lewis or debenhams in store and tried on different bras until I was used to which ones I liked. Or just order 10 bras at home and give most or all of them back.
I've also ordered from asos in the past and been happy with their selection. I used to like figleaves but they don't have a uk online store anymore. It's been bought by bravissimo. I know people say bravissimo is good but I had a couple of bad experiences with what they sold me and I was really unhappy with the fit and the style of the bras that I never went back.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 1:25 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
I've returned bras before. I know how I fit in the brands I like so I know which sizes to order. I don't know about knickers as I don't usually buy them online.
Depending on what size you are depends on which brands will be best for you. I'm on the larger side and I've been happy with fantasie and curvy kate. Panache and freya are also good but are usually plainer and I like mine to be a little more sxy. I like brands that are designed for larger busts as they actually support and look good.
I would say it might be worth a visit in person to a real store to get a feel of what fits you and which brands work well before you order online. I used to go to either john lewis or debenhams in store and tried on different bras until I was used to which ones I liked. Or just order 10 bras at home and give most or all of them back.
I've also ordered from asos in the past and been happy with their selection. I used to like figleaves but they don't have a uk online store anymore. It's been bought by bravissimo. I know people say bravissimo is good but I had a couple of bad experiences with what they sold me and I was really unhappy with the fit and the style of the bras that I never went back.

thanks so much.

its actually for my teenage dd. are there brands better for teenagers specifically?

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 1:42 pm
I have been pretty happy with M&S teenage line of bras. They are much cheaper than department store brands.

I used to get all my (and dds) bras from M&S, now they have made it very difficult to book a fitting appointment (you need to book way in advance) so I ended up going to other dept stores for bras. But they are more expensive. M&S is definitely much cheaper and I think are really fine for a teen.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 3:18 pm
any experts can advise how to get a accurate measurement?

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 3:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
any experts can advise how to get a accurate measurement?

This is a pretty good guide on how to see if your bra fits right.
https://www.bravissimo.com/bra-fitting-guide/

But it's best to go for a fitting in person, I've had good experience at bravissimo.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:22 am
how often do u buy new ones?

I realised that when I thought my old ones were 2 small and tried bigger size they were too big -
can it be the bra just stretches after a while and a new one in the same size fits perfect?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics