Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Vouchers ACS NYC

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 6:13 pm
I applied about 2 months ago.... didnt get anything back by mail yet
is there a link I can check online?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 6:27 pm
You can call them at 212-835-7610, and they'll give you an update on your status.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 6:38 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
You can call them at 212-835-7610, and they'll give you an update on your status.

IF they answer the phone. I tried many times and couldnt get through

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 7:44 pm
oh I have been on hold for many hours....no answer

Mocha

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 7:44 pm
The trick is to press the button to report child abuse and fraud, there they are more likely to pick up🤪

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 7:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
oh I have been on hold for many hours....no answer

Call as soon as they open up. It took us months.

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 6:41 pm
Can I get ACS vouchers if my husband works and I'm in college? Or do both parents need to be working?

yidisheh mama

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 6:44 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
Can I get ACS vouchers if my husband works and I'm in college? Or do both parents need to be working?

If you are a full- time student and your college is a real college and not one of these heimish programs, then yes.

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 7:07 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:
If you are a full- time student and your college is a real college and not one of these heimish programs, then yes.

I am a real student in a real college. I tried to apply through my kid's school; they told me it's a new thing that I can't get vouchers if I'm a student. Im not clear if the law changed, or the school doesn't believe me that I'm a real student. (it's not typical in my circles to go to college, so that makes sense...)

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 7:21 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
I am a real student in a real college. I tried to apply through my kid's school; they told me it's a new thing that I can't get vouchers if I'm a student. Im not clear if the law changed, or the school doesn't believe me that I'm a real student. (it's not typical in my circles to go to college, so that makes sense...)

So don't do it thru the school.
Print a form and fill it out yourself
Quite sure my friend has and her husband is in kollel.
There are kollelim that are accredited

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 9:58 pm
So I looked at the NYC ACS voucher program in depth online, and it seems both parents have to be eligible. one way to be eligible is working 10+ hours weekly, full time student is another way to be eligible.
If you are looking for work you are also eligible.
Has anyone done this? Like had experience applying for and receiving the vouchers if they are looking for work but not yet working?
I'm asking because I'm considering changing jobs, which would involve a period of time of unemployment. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and how it went.
Thanks! tizku lmitzvos Smile

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:01 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
So I looked at the NYC ACS voucher program in depth online, and it seems both parents have to be eligible. one way to be eligible is working 10+ hours weekly, full time student is another way to be eligible.
If you are looking for work you are also eligible.
Has anyone done this? Like had experience applying for and receiving the vouchers if they are looking for work but not yet working?
I'm asking because I'm considering changing jobs, which would involve a period of time of unemployment. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and how it went.
Thanks! tizku lmitzvos Smile

If you are not working but seeking work, the vouchers only lasts 6 months and you n eed to recertify then. You'll need to submit a work search record but otherwise you're good.

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 11:24 am
thank you so much I really appreciate it. when I recertify after 6 months - you mean what exactly, just that they look again at all our finances, etc.? I can still be looking for a job then? I really really appreciate your help, it's so useful to know someone who has experienced this before.

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 11:58 am
amother Thistle wrote:
thank you so much I really appreciate it. when I recertify after 6 months - you mean what exactly, just that they look again at all our finances, etc.? I can still be looking for a job then? I really really appreciate your help, it's so useful to know someone who has experienced this before.

Yes, from what I understand they will need income info and work search record again.
I actually never did it this way but when I was applying I was told this is the way to do it if you are seeking a job.

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 12:59 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Yes, from what I understand they will need income info and work search record again.
I actually never did it this way but when I was applying I was told this is the way to do it if you are seeking a job.

great thanks! I guess I'll see what happens, if I end up making a career change or not. thanks for your help! good shabbos Very Happy

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 1:07 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:

of course, my husband is a full time student, you'll need to get form CFWB-005 signed from your college
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics