Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Sticky Sesame Marmalade Chicken Wings (Or Drumsticks)

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 3:33 pm
This was very good. I made it with drumsticks and not wings because I wings are basically skin and gristle and drumsticks have a nice amount of meat on them for a meal and not appetizers.

Sticky Sesame Marmalade Chicken Wings

Excerpt From: Thomson, Claire - “One Pan Chicken

Serves 4

A great big pile of sticky-with-marmalade and freckled-with-sesame-seeds chicken wings. I must warn you now that you will need to arm yourselves with an even bigger pile of paper napkins and begin what will inevitably be one of the messiest mealtimes around. Cue much chin dabbing, finger licking, and, no doubt, an almighty scramble for the last wing, so swift will be their demolition.

1 tsp salt, plus more to season
½ tsp ground star anise or ground fennel seeds, plus 2 whole star anise
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp finely grated (shredded) fresh ginger
2 tbsp marmalade
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp dark soy sauce
juice from 1 lime
juice from 1 small orange
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1kg (2lb 4oz) chicken wings (or use drumsticks)
ground black pepper

1. Combine the salt and ground star anise or fennel seeds in a large bowl with the garlic, ginger, marmalade, oil, soy sauce, citrus juices, whole star anise and half the sesame seeds. Season with plenty of coarsely ground black pepper.

2. Add the chicken and mix it through to coat it all over. Cover and leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, although the longer the better. Remove the chicken from the fridge about 20 minutes before you plan to cook it. Alternatively, forgo the marinating time and continue with the method below.

3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F/Gas 6.

4. Place the chicken on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper (this will help when it comes to the washing up).

5. Bake the chicken for about 35 minutes, turning the wings a few times to glaze and baste in the sauce.

6. Sprinkle the chicken pieces all over with the remaining sesame seeds, then cook for a further 10 minutes, until the chicken is well cooked through.

7. Remove from the oven and serve.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey