Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Can anyone recommend a slim/middle seat car seat for toddlee

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 1:45 pm
I am iyh expecting my 3rd soon. But I cannot afford a new car. Currently my other two children are in a regular car seat, and a booster seat. I'm trying to find something that would fit in the middle. I don't mind if it's for my 3 year old and would then just swap out the current seat for an infant car seat. I figure that would be the easiest solution. My car is a typical average size suv. All experienced advice is welcome!!
Tysm

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 1:46 pm
We're very happy with the Graco slim fit. Would that fit for you?

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 2:19 pm
The diono is made for this

Tzivia18

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 2:28 pm
Another vote for the diono. We have 3 Dionos across. I’m not sure if it will still fit in between 2
other brands, really depends how big they each are. You’ll have to measure, borrow from someone who has to check for size, or buy with possibility of returning.

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 4:31 pm
We just got Graco slimfit 3lx--slimmest seat on the market-- so we can do 3 across. We're happy with them so far. Graco has 2 seats called slimfit so if you want the really narrow one make sure it's the 3lx--usually says 3 across. We looked at the diono radian but didn't like it as much and it's not rated as well for forward facing safety. This is it: Graco SlimFit3 LX 3 in 1 Car Seat | Space Saving Car Seat Fits 3 Across in Your Back Seat, Kunningham https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K.....s_tl. I've seen the price go down to around 235 on Amazon occasionally or you can get 20% off on the Graco site. Also definitely look up your particular car to see if others have tried 3 across and with which seats.

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 4:36 pm
Diono Radian! We are 2 of them in one row and a proper seat leftover. Lasts from newborn until 120 lbs and super comfortable, my older children love that it’s memory foam and that it has a mature profile, they don’t feel like they’re in a baby seat.

teachkids

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 5:04 pm
We have 2 ff dionos and a rear facing slimfit comfortably. (The diono rear facing is too long front to back for our car) However our oldest is technically ready for a booster but we keep her harnessed because it's too hard to reach the buckle with the seats jammed in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers