Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What did you buy that made cleaning easier.
Previous  1  2

cupcake123

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 12:18 pm
Roomba
The flushable toilet cleaner brushes

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 12:42 pm
Yes I second that! Love my bosses carpet spot cleaner! So far everytime I put it to the test it worked! The green small machine
I had blood stains all over my brand new carpet and it all came out Like just as new

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 12:46 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
Roomba
The flushable toilet cleaner brushes

What?! They make flushable ones?? Gonna go google that!

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 1:04 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
What?! They make flushable ones?? Gonna go google that!

Yes Clorox toilet wand.
Made a huge difference in my life!

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 1:20 pm
Following also.
What can I buy (instead of investing in cleaning help) to make cleaning much faster and easier?
I'm curious about the steam mops. Does anyone have a link for a recommended steam mops?

Diary

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 5:01 pm
Another vote for clorox toilet wand but its not flushable theres another brand maybe scrubbing bubbles

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 5:12 pm
I never use my broom anymore besides on shabbos! I love my cordless stick vaccuum. recharges on the wall, (I wall mounted the charger near my kitchen where I keep the brooms) and has easy emptying ability. (no bending..dirt goes to top and tube comes off) The vaccum literally takes a minute to go around the whole main floor and swallow up all the crumbs/dirt.

I've pasted the model below of what I have. (its a few yrs old, and I am super happy with it)
https://www.costco.com/samsung......html

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 5:18 pm
Lysol wipes in every bathroom and out in the kitcehn. enough towels and washclothes to wash a full load. big hampers so I don't have to wash everytgibg every single wweek.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 5:32 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
Following also.
What can I buy (instead of investing in cleaning help) to make cleaning much faster and easier?
I'm curious about the steam mops. Does anyone have a link for a recommended steam mops?

I've bought this one a couple of times. If you register it, they do replace parts that fail under the warranty. It's very easy to use and has a nice size water tank. I love that my floors get sanitized with the steam. Totally changed the mopping game for me!

Bissell Power Fresh Steam Mop with Natural Sanitization, Floor Steamer, Tile Cleaner, and Hard Wood Floor Cleaner with Flip-Down Easy Scrubber, 1940A https://a.co/d/0T2NEJ1

cupcake123

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 5:38 pm
I use scrubbing bubbles brand which can go into the toilet after and you flush away. Clorox is disposable meaning you throw it out but you cannot flush. I'm sure clorox is great as well I just like the flushing idea.
I don't have cleaning help and I'm very into spending money on products to make me want to clean better. Products can even mean you'll get yourself a coffee or mani or lunch after you're done cleaning.
Hey its cheaper then a cleaning lady

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 5:55 pm
iamamotha wrote:
Dyson cordlesss vacum it's expensive but one of my best investments you can buy refurbished and works just as new!!
The o cedar spray mop it's quick and easy way to mop and always good for any spills you fill it up yourself with water and any cleaning solution and the pad is washable
Clorox wipes in the bathroom so you can wipe the toilet several times and not have to do a whole scrub down

This. Any good wireless vacuum that works on carpet and wood can work to, you don’t have to spend a fortune. I would recommend buying from Costco they have the best return policy if anything happens to it you can just give it back and get a new one.
Love the o cedar spray mop.
Have a small garbage in every room so any garbage in that room goes right away into it. Collect once a day.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 5:57 pm
Chlorox wipes- keep in every bathroom for wipedowns. Swiffers for quick dust mop when kids are sleeping and can't vacuum. Shark vacmop for crumbs in kitchen/dining area. Yes it's disposable and wasteful but I really do stay on top of things better when I don't have to empty.

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 6:19 pm
My best buy was the spray bottle from the dollar store Smile
I put water and a drop of soap in and keep it under my kitchen sink.
Instead of wiping the kitchen surfaces down with something wet and then having to scrub the sticky spots because they don't dissolve right away, I spray everything down and then a few minutes later it wipes clean beautifully without any effort.
Sounds very basic but it made life so much easier!
My MIL copied me but she puts some Mr Clean in her bottle.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 6:29 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
I use scrubbing bubbles brand which can go into the toilet after and you flush away. Clorox is disposable meaning you throw it out but you cannot flush. I'm sure clorox is great as well I just like the flushing idea.
I don't have cleaning help and I'm very into spending money on products to make me want to clean better. Products can even mean you'll get yourself a coffee or mani or lunch after you're done cleaning.
Hey its cheaper then a cleaning lady

Can you post this?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 6:31 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Yes I second that! Love my bosses carpet spot cleaner! So far everytime I put it to the test it worked! The green small machine
I had blood stains all over my brand new carpet and it all came out Like just as new

Can you link the item here?

cupcake123

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 6:34 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Can you post this?

Here's a starting pack
https://www.target.com/p/scrub.....66321

After you buy this once you have the stick and you only need refills

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 9:33 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
Where can I buy a husband that makes cleaning easier? 😆

Almost any husband can be bought. It might come with a hefty price tag though Wink

SuperWify

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 3:11 am
This is more of a hack to keep the house cleaner with kids. I keep a medium size garage can with a cover - to keep smells out- lined with a regular garbage bag in most heavy traffic rooms. One in the den, one in the upstairs hallway, and obviously one in the kitchen and smaller one in the bathrooms.

It isn’t pretty but it keep things much cleaner.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 7:34 pm
What's a tried and true steamer Mop? Any links? Want my floors to look super clean after mopping thanks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry