Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What type of shower door/curtains are people doing now?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 1:33 am
I recently moved and only have temporary shower curtains now. Looking around, I see most people doing the roll up look (like this one https://www.amazon.com/Jakooz-.....ss_tl ) but I don’t like it.

Is there anything else that’s trending now?

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 1:49 am
amother OP wrote:
I recently moved and only have temporary shower curtains now. Looking around, I see most people doing the roll up look (like this one https://www.amazon.com/Jakooz-.....ss_tl ) but I don’t like it.

Ive never seen that how does it work and where did you see it to know it’s in?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:23 pm
Wow, I've never heard of this before. I actually love it! We did some construction recently and I was going to put glass in my master bathroom. This is so pretty and much cheaper.

rae

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:57 pm
My shower curtains keep getting moldy even with me on top of it being closed to dry properly. How does this dry, how does it not get moldy after a week?

tzipis

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:03 pm
rae wrote:
My shower curtains keep getting moldy even with me on top of it being closed to dry properly. How does this dry, how does it not get moldy after a week?

The reviews say that you leave it down until it dries and then you roll it up

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:07 pm
How does it keep the water from dripping onto the floor outside the bathtub? With our shower curtain we taught the kids to put the curtain inside the bathtub when showering, otherwise the water hitting the curtain ends up on the floor.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 1:19 am
amother Bronze wrote:
How does it keep the water from dripping onto the floor outside the bathtub? With our shower curtain we taught the kids to put the curtain inside the bathtub when showering, otherwise the water hitting the curtain ends up on the floor.

Watch the video on Amazon to see how it fits over a typical bathtub.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 1:21 am
tzipis wrote:
The reviews say that you leave it down until it dries and then you roll it up

Correct. It can get moldy if you forget to leave it down which is part of the reason I’m not looking to do this.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 1:38 am
amother OP wrote:

Dont do whats trendy, you will have to redo and that is the most expensive option.
Do it right the first time and never redo.
The roll up can easily get moldy even if you let it dry.
What do you like??
Even if its more expensive, in the long run it will be the most cost-effective.

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 2:17 am
I’ve had it for 2 years with no mold issues

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 1:38 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
Dont do whats trendy, you will have to redo and that is the most expensive option.
Do it right the first time and never redo.
The roll up can easily get moldy even if you let it dry.
What do you like??
Even if its more expensive, in the long run it will be the most cost-effective.

This is a main bathroom, want something pretty (but also more practical than the roll up).

Amarante

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 3:44 pm
Having a roll up shower curtain seems impractical to me.

In order to get out of the shower you would have to roll the curtain up - and then you roll it down again.

With an ordinary shower curtain, you just need to pull it a bit to the side to get in or out and it is easier to open and close.

I am also not understanding why a roll down shower curtain is more aesthetic than a lovely shower curtain.

I have glass - they are treated glass (Showerguard) and are maintenance free because there is no water spotting.

Also - as an aside - if mold is an issue get a really good fan that goes on and off automatically when the ambient humidity level reaches a certain point and then shuts itself off. Mine goes on when the shower is used and runs about 30 minutes and there is absolutely no moisture in the bathroom. I used to have a bit of it but now nothing - even the mirror quickly clears of any condensation. Mine is a Panasonic Whisper model.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 4:17 pm
It doesn't seem practical to me at all. Seems like a pain in the neck.

Whatsnext

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 5:02 pm
I have a very small bathroom and actually love the Jaccooz because it doesn't take up visual space. I leave it to dry overnight and never got moldy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics