Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
TEHILLIM Needed: Hagaon HaRav Shmuel Kamenetsky

Have you had a moment to say tehilim for HaRav Kamenetsky?
Yes.  
 90%  [ 63 ]
I Plan to.  
 10%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 70

SoGrateful

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 1:04 pm
TEHILLIM: Hagaon HaRav Shmuel Kamenetsky Suffers Stroke; Next 24 Hours Critical

The Rosh Yeshiva is completely alert and aware, and is fully communicative. However, although his cognitive function was not affected, his motor skills were.

The situation is still evolving and doctors say the next 24 hours are critical.

Rav Shmuel has specifically requested that people daven for his refuah sheleima.

Please daven on behalf of Shmuel ben Itta Ettel.

From this article: https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

On behalf of Shmuel ben Itta Ettel.

646-726-9977

Dial in conference call for Tehillim

Last edited by SoGrateful on Tue, May 02 2023, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

SoGrateful

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 1:07 pm
Like many other people, I have gone to R. Kamenetsky for help. As many others can share, He makes himself available to help klal Yisroel. He was kind and genuinely concerned. May he have a refua shleima.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 6:09 pm
Have there been any updates?

amother
Coral

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 6:35 pm
Your poll is odd and inappropriate.

My suggestion is you take it down.

advocate

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 6:46 pm
I actually found the poll motivational. Because I realized I wanted to move myself into the had already said Tehillim category. Thanks!

SoGrateful

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:52 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
Have there been any updates?

We texted the Rosh Yeshiva’s gabai, but it is very late here in the US. I will update when I hear back.

SoGrateful

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:52 pm
advocate wrote:
I actually found the poll motivational. Because I realized I wanted to move myself into the had already said Tehillim category. Thanks!

That’s so nice. Thank you for posting.

SoGrateful

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:53 pm
amother Coral wrote:
Your poll is odd and inappropriate.

My suggestion is you take it down.

Thank you for sharing your perspective. It wasn’t my intention to offend. I’m not related nor friends of the Kamenetsky’s. I’m a mom that needed chizuk and guidance and went to visit the Rosh Yeshiva this past March. It feels good to have where to go and have someone with years of Torah learning and service to klal yisroel care about your kid. Surprisingly, his gabai followed up and tried to help us. Even though it didn’t resolve the issue, it meant a lot to me. Rov Kementesky has always made himself available to people.

IY’H this poll nor post won’t be needed much longer.

SoGrateful

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:54 pm
These past years I have been so saddened by the loss of so many great rabbeim. My son has said, possibly mistakenly, that we have no more gedolim. It’s disheartening that a young teen would feel that way. Often posts are up then gone so quickly. I want to say tehimim for a request on here and then I get busy and often forget. I thought the poll would serve as a reminder for those who may want it.

Even if you don’t connect with Rabbeim, or Rabbi Kemenetsky particularly, no prayer is wasted. You say a kapitul of Tehilim for someone, chas v’shalom you may one day need it, someone says Tehilim for you.

seeker

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:47 pm
SoGrateful wrote:
These past years I have been so saddened by the loss of so many great rabbeim. My son has said, possibly mistakenly, that we have no more gedolim. It’s disheartening that a young teen would feel that way. Often posts are up then gone so quickly. I want to say tehimim for a request on here and then I get busy and often forget. I thought the poll would serve as a reminder for those who may want it.

Even if you don’t connect with Rabbeim, or Rabbi Kemenetsky particularly, no prayer is wasted. You say a kapitul of Tehilim for someone, chas v’shalom you may one day need it, someone says Tehilim for you.

I agree. I have felt like we've lost all our leaders, and then my response is "well there's still R' Kamenetzky" so I'm sure you can understand how my heart froze in place since I heard this news. Using a poll to draw attention to a post can be spammy sometimes but feels justifiable here. And the fact that the only choices are basically yes I think is also appropriate in this context.

May Hashem hear our sincere tefilos - not for wealth and honor but for the presence of someone who can help us serve Him. Fgs, literally. Waiting for good news.

DoGoodThings

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 10:33 am
Have there been any updates? Bez"H, we should hear good things. While I've never spoken to him myself, he's been a huge help in my family's and my life. May Hashem bless him with a refuah shleima. 💗🌻
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed