Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chofetz Chaim Staten Island

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 4:55 am
I heard it was closed and it seems like it, but not sure. Anyone can verify? I like the Chofetz Chaim type, but more out of town feel. We live in Brooklyn. Queens is not more out of town, I checked. I don’t want a dorm.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:58 am
The school is definitely still open. I think they lost their official Chofetz Chaim status, but the school is still there. Transportation from Brooklyn still available.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 7:00 am
Very much not closed and an incredible mesivta! I don’t think it has ever been closed either (meaning it’s had consecutive grades for as long as I can remember)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 7:56 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
The school is definitely still open. I think they lost their official Chofetz Chaim status, but the school is still there. Transportation from Brooklyn still available.

What does this mean and would you know why? I forgot to write for high school. What is the name of the school? TIA

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 8:10 am
It's called officially Yeshiva zichron paltiel. Amazing Yeshiva. Every rebbi is so warm and caring. My son did so well there BH.

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 8:12 am
amother OP wrote:
What does this mean and would you know why? I forgot to write for high school. What is the name of the school? TIA

I think bc officially need to have two rosh Yeshiva to be called a chofetz chaim branch and they have one. It's really just a technicality and doesn't impact the Yeshiva at all. And they have transportation from Brooklyn, Edison and passaic.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 9:05 am
What type go there

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 9:37 am
amother Thistle wrote:
I think bc officially need to have two rosh Yeshiva to be called a chofetz chaim branch and they have one. It's really just a technicality and doesn't impact the Yeshiva at all. And they have transportation from Brooklyn, Edison and passaic.

Is it more like an out of town yeshiva? I had sons who went to Chofetz Chaim in St Louis and NJ, but they were dorming. This one will be living at home.

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 10:18 am
amother OP wrote:
Is it more like an out of town yeshiva? I had sons who went to Chofetz Chaim in St Louis and NJ, but they were dorming. This one will be living at home.

Yes nice sweet boys

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:16 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
Yes nice sweet boys

It has really nice solid boys.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics