Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Rebbe and Morah who potch at home
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:12 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
The problem is not hitting. The problem is hitting out of anger.

The main problem with hitting is using physical force to control children. As a child ages the parent needs to hit more often and harder to control. The child learns that a little (or a lot) physical pain is a small price to pay and starts misbehaving more and more. It creates a vicious cycle. I'm speaking from personal experience. Very personal. B"H we have managed to raise our children without hitting them. With a lot of love, clear boundaries, hard work, and of course the help of HKB"H it very possible to raise children who want to do the right thing.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:38 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
The main problem with hitting is using physical force to control children. As a child ages the parent needs to hit more often and harder to control. The child learns that a little (or a lot) physical pain is a small price to pay and starts misbehaving more and more. It creates a vicious cycle. I'm speaking from personal experience. Very personal. B"H we have managed to raise our children without hitting them. With a lot of love, clear boundaries, hard work, and of course the help of HKB"H it very possible to raise children who want to do the right thing.

Just the opposite, as the child grows up you need to potch less bc you can talk to them. In fact I dont think I ever hit past age 9. That is, if you disciplined them when they were younger and testing you.

And it's not using 'physical force', but rather a "wake up, this is not an ok type of thing to do." It's not the end of the world.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:42 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Just the opposite, as the child grows up you need to potch less bc you can talk to them. In fact I dont think I ever hit past age 9. That is, if you disciplined them when they were younger and testing you.

And it's not using 'physical force', but rather a "wake up, this is not an ok type of thing to do." It's not the end of the world.

I’m just so sad thinking about how many mothers are normalizing and excusing hitting. I want to cry thinking about all these children getting hit.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m just so sad thinking about how many mothers are normalizing and excusing hitting. I want to cry thinking about all these children getting hit.

Don't be so sad. They get a potch once in a blue moon. They get tons more love, care, and attention.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:54 pm
amother OP wrote:

Save your sadness for real sad situations. I assure you that no one needs your pity or sadness.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 7:06 pm
OP can you ask the parents of the last 3 years the Rebbe and Morah were teaching those students. See what was going on in those classes. Don't jump to believe a child at a young age. If the boy is 15 and the boy said ''My Father Slapped me across the face'' then I would find another Rebbe and school.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics